Free for under 18s (under 26s who are EU citizens)
Visit the castle of Vincennes
Royal residence from the 12th to the 18th century, the visit of the castle of Vincennes allows to apprehend the daily life in the Middle Ages, as well as life of guards and prisoners incarcerated in the dungeon. We remember the Duke D'Enghien's affair and we discover the famous prisoners who have "stayed" at the Château de Vincennes.
To visit the castle of Vincennes and its dungeon, it is better to be in shape: not less than 250 steps to climb to the top.
Every year, in Decemberdon't miss the Enchants of VincennesA parade and a great medieval show that brings together about a hundred participants. An ideal outing with children.
The Chapel of Vincennes
Founded in 1379, on the model of the Holy Chapel of Paris, that of Vincennes is nevertheless much more sober. It remains an interesting monument and family visits are organized to discover the Sainte Chapelle (from 5 years old).
The (virtual) visit of the Chateau de Vincennes
Chateau de Vincennes tariff
- Full price: €9.50 and reduced price: €7.50
- The visit of the Château de Vincennes is free for children under 18 years old and for children under 26 years old who are EU citizens. This is also the case for all national monuments and museums such as the pantheon, concierge, the Sainte-Chapelle or the Arc de Triomphe in Paris
- It is also free of charge for job seekers, disabled persons and their carers.
Chateau de Vincennes free on Sundays
- The visit of the castle of Vincennes is free on the 1st Sunday of each month. from November 1 to March 31 inclusive
Chateau de Vincennes metro
- The closest metro station to access the Chateau de Vincennes is Château de Vincennes" station, terminus of line 1
- If you come by RER, you have to get off at the station "Vincennes" of the RER A line then walk about 10mn
Walking in Vincennes
- Vincennes is a very pleasant town whose main shopping street (rue du midi) is pedestrian on Saturdays, nice for families with young children.
- The esplanade of the town hall has been laid out as a vast garden. In winter, an outdoor rink is installed there. In the summertime, water foggers help cool the kids down when it's a hot day.
- For children from 3 to 12 years old...a few hundred yards from the Château de Vincennes, "The sunset garden" is a play area set up above the RER with about fifteen games such as canes, springs, balance bar, stainless steel gantry, carousel, spring disc...