VISIT THE LOUVRE MUSEUM
At a Stay in Paris, difficult not to schedule a visit to the Louvre Museum! The museum has many essential works, classics not to be missed under any circumstances:
- The Victory of Samothrace, The Mona Lisa, The Rite of the Emperor of David (the biggest painting of the museum), The four Seasons Archimboldo - Denon Wing, 1st floor.
- The Department of Egyptology and his mummies.
- On the 2nd floor, the two masterpieces of Georges de La Tour: The Cheat at the Ace of Diamonds and The Madeleine at the night light - Sully wing
- And the Medieval Louvre.
- Our selection of family guided tours in the Louvre ideal for 6 - 14 years old
The Louvre Pyramid is 21 meters high. It weighs 200 tons, and consists of 673 glass plates.
THE LOUVRE WITH THE CHILDREN
Before visiting the museum, go to Children's Bookstore. It is located in the gallery which goes from the shops of the Carrousel du Louvre to the entrance of the museum. You will find game books to visit the Louvre and other museums.
Depending on the age of the children, give yourself between 1h and 1h30 of visit, no more and go to the essential (see above).
You can also, before your visit, download the courses game a duration of about 1h30 (several themes are proposed).
In the Richelieu wing, la Little Gallery is a space dedicated to children. 2 times a year exhibitions propose to explore a theme through major works from prehistory to contemporary creation. At this moment and until July it is about understanding archeology through comics.
Before you go, take a look around Louvre shopping arcade led by the Napoleon Hall, with its restaurants and the shops of the Carrousel du Louvre.
After being stolen by the Italian V. Peruggia, Mona Lisa will return to the Louvre at the beginning of the year 1914!
Workshops & Tales
Workshops for children of all ages For 4 to 6 year olds, 6 to 8 year olds and 8 to 12 year olds. Sketch workshops : we walk around the museum and we take ownership of a work. of the mime workshops to experiment postures, mimes and movements at the meeting of a work. Also conducted workshops by a choreographer where children study the representation of the moving body.
Discover the works in families through wonderful stories. Several themes such as Egypt, Persia or the East. From 4 years old
STROLL IN THE TILE GARDEN
Stroll through the Tuileries Gardens, one of the most beautiful gardens in Paris: the ponds and small boatsplaygrounds on the right of the central aisle, statues scattered everywhere and candy kiosks.
If you are there in summer, you will be entitled to the carnival that settles in the garden.
NOT TO BE MISSED IN THE NEIGHBORHOOD
The area is full of places not to be missed and it is conducive to many family and unusual visits.
- Places not to miss around the Louvre:
- Go and have a hot chocolate at home Angelina
- Make a photo shoot about Buren columns
- A walk in the Royal Palace
- Admire the Place Vendôme, its luxury hotels and jewelers
- Unusual and family visits to discover the neighborhood while having fun:
- the family shoot with a professional photographer - ideal with children of all ages. Duration from 1h30 to 2h.
- The investigation of the Royal Palace. Visit treasure hunt at the Royal Palace 2 hours. Ideal from 9 years old.
- the marvelous legend of the Tuileries, family treasure hunt in the Tuileries gardens. Ideal from 6 years. Duration 2h.
- Ramses II in Paris, guided tour in the footsteps of ancient Egypt. Ideal from 10 years