Beware, during the summer, the Louvre, a victim of its success, refuses visitors without a reservation.
Remember to book your tickets as soon as you know when you want to go there.
Visit the Louvre Museum
At a Stay in Paris, difficult not to schedule a visit to the Louvre Museum! The museum has many essential works, classics not to be missed under any circumstances:
- The Victory of Samothrace, The Mona Lisa, The Rite of the Emperor of David (the biggest painting of the museum), The four Seasons Archimboldo - Denon Wing, 1st floor.
- The Department of Egyptology and his mummies.
- On the 2nd floor, the two masterpieces of Georges de La Tour: The Cheat at the Ace of Diamonds and The Madeleine at the night light - Sully wing
- And the Medieval Louvre.
The Louvre Pyramid is 21 meters high. It weighs 200 tons, and consists of 673 glass plates.
After being stolen by the Italian V. Peruggia, Mona Lisa will return to the Louvre at the beginning of the year 1914!
Workshops & Tales
Workshops for children of all ages For 4 to 6 year olds, 6 to 8 year olds and 8 to 12 year olds. Sketch workshops : we walk around the museum and we take ownership of a work. of the mime workshops to experiment postures, mimes and movements at the meeting of a work. Also conducted workshops by a choreographer where children study the representation of the moving body.
Discover the works in families through wonderful stories. Several themes such as Egypt, Persia or the East. From 4 years old
Do not miss in the neighborhood
The area is full of places not to be missed and it is conducive to many family and unusual visits.
- Places not to miss around the Louvre:
- Go and have a hot chocolate at home Angelina
- Make a photo shoot about Buren columns
- A walk in the Royal Palace
- Admire the Place Vendôme, its luxury hotels and jewelers
- Unusual and family visits to discover the neighborhood while having fun:
- the family shoot with a professional photographer - ideal with children of all ages. Duration from 1h30 to 2h.
- The investigation of the Royal Palace. Visit treasure hunt at the Royal Palace 2 hours. Ideal from 9 years old.
- the marvelous legend of the Tuileries, family treasure hunt in the Tuileries gardens. Ideal from 6 years. Duration 2h.
- Ramses II in Paris, guided tour in the footsteps of ancient Egypt. Ideal from 10 years