WE love : a visit in a magical and magical setting
When: every Saturday night until October 3rd.
Location: at the castle of Vaux-le-Vicomte
Free: for children under 6
- Every Saturday nightfrom May (exceptionally from 3 July in 2020) to the beginning of October, the castle of Vaux-le-Vicomte and the 33 hectares of gardens designed by Le Nôtre are lighted by candles and candles
- The show is magical with more than 2000 candles that sparkle throughout the estate (park and castle).
- These candlelight night visits are a real enchantmenta magical way to discover the domain of Vaux le Vicomte.
- Candlelight evenings have been held since 1980 and are a great success every year.
- So romantic! It is said that lovers come to the Château de Vaux-le-Vicomte to declare their love, by candlelight, during the Candlelight Evenings.
- By candlelight, the garden of Vaux-le-Vicomte becomes mysterious. The works of art, paintings, statues offer themselves to the visitor in a very special atmosphere.
Practical information and rates
- Entrance ticket for Candlelight Evenings gives you access at the castle (private apartments of Nicolas Fouquet, ceremonial rooms, basements) and to the gardens
- The evening starts at 19h but you can access the castle with your ticket from 14h
- Warning: during the installation of candles inside the castle (from 17h15 to 19h), you can go for a walk in the gardens
- Adult price: € 19.90
- Child rate (6 to 17 years old): 14 €
- Student price: € 17.90
- Free for children under 6 years old
Candlelit dinner in Vaux-le-Vicomte
- The country and economic formula: the picnic (on lawn areas planned for picnics)
- Charmilles : for a romantic and refined dinner. An ephemeral and elegant restaurant, on the terrace
- The Dream of Vaux : for a glass of champagne installed in deck chairs in front of the illuminated park
- The Relais de l'Ecureuil : an ideal family self-service