One of our favorite neighborhoods
In Montmartre, we do not miss:
1- The visit of the Sacré-Coeur:
- Situated at 130m, the basilica, with its Romano-Byzantine style, dominates all Paris
- It's one of the symbols of Paris. Its ceiling houses the largest mosaic in France (480 m² surface area).
- The view of all Paris from the basilica is absolutely magnificent.
- Free access for all
2- one of the most beautiful views over the whole of Paris
- the view from the top of the Montmartre hill is a must in Paris
- it's theone of the 10 most beautiful views over the whole of Paris and it's free!
3- The Place du Tertre
- It is the historical and touristic heart of Montmartre.
- Where the painters and cartoonists are. Your children will love to see them painting portraits...
- If you're a little hungry, you don't miss out. the pastry - Tea Room "Carette"which is installed Place du Tertre
4- Shopping in the Abbesses district
- departure rue des Abbesses
- All the fashionable shops of the moment and for the "big teenagers" are installed in the district of the Abbesses.
- Shops are open on Sundays
5- 3 nice museums to see with the family in Montmartre
If we have a little time, there are 3 small museums in Montmartre. They can be visited quite quickly and are in our opinion interesting. It's an ideal family visit!
- the Montmartre Museum and Renoir's gardens. The view on the vineyards of Montmartre. Open every day, all year round from 10am to 6pm. The temporary exhibitions are generally very interesting. Workshops also for children
- the Dali Museum which is a very nice little museum devoted to the surrealist artist. Open every day, all year round from 10am to 6pm, except on 24th and 25th December.
- the Halle Saint-Pierre, an atypical place in Paris at the same time art gallery, museum, bookstore, place of conference. Also, programming of concerts and shows. The coffee corner is very nice and spacious enough to go with a stroller.
Top with children in Montmartre ♥♥♥
1- Take the bus, the funicular or the little train :
- Borrow the Montmartrobus which will take you in 40 minutes to walk around the mound through its most picturesque streets, Sacré-Coeur included. The Montmartrobus connects Pigalle to the Town Hall of the 18th arrondissement of Paris, serving the Place des Abbesses and the Place du Tertre. Normal RATP fare.
- Take a tour with the"Montmartre mini-train“. Guided tour of about 35 mn. Night until midnight in July and August. Kids love it!
- Take the funicular, a glass subway climbing the assault of the Butte. It should please the youngest! It will leave you rue du Cardinal-Dubois, from where, with your back to the Sacred Heart, you will contemplate all Paris ..
2- Having fun on the Place du Tertre :
- Go place du Tertre see painters and caricaturists ready to draw you the portrait
- Make a ride in the carousel Place du Tertre. The carousel, Venetian style has the charm of the old with its carriages and wooden horses. It dates from the 18th century
- Take a fun family tour of the neighbourhood (see the section just below).
3- enjoy an ice cream or a pie :
Visit Montmartre in a different way, during a playful guided tour or on your own
- The original guided tour "When Street Art Tales the Story of Montmartre.". Ideal for the whole family, from 8 years old. Take advantage of our reduced rate.
- The Escape Game outdoorsr "The Mysteries of Montmartre (children's route)" . Ideal with children from 6 to 9 years old. Take advantage of our reduced rate.
- The Escape Game outdoors "The Mysteries of Montmartre (Teenagers' Journey)" . A fun visit to do with pre-teens and teens. Take advantage of our reduced rate.
- The visit Show "The Eternal Spirit of Montmartre.". The visit of the Butte Montmartre with actors. Ideal for families with children from 6 years old. Take advantage of our reduced rate.
- The Enigma Walk in Montmartre With your logbook, set off on an unusual treasure hunt. Ideal from 7/8 years old. Take advantage of our reduced rate.