One of our favorite neighborhoods
In Montmartre, we do not miss:
- The visit of Sacré-Coeur:
Situated at 130m, the basilica, with its Romano-Byzantine style, dominates all Paris
It's one of the symbols of Paris. Its ceiling houses the largest mosaic in France (480 m² surface area).
The view of all Paris from the basilica is absolutely magnificent.
Free access for all
- One of most beautiful views over Paris
- Painters of the Place du Tertre
- Shopping Abbesses district
- Shops open on Sundays
If we have a little time, there are some nice museums to see with the family in Montmartre. They are small, so they visit each other fairly quickly.
- the Montmartre Museum and the gardens of Renoir. The view of the vineyards of Montmartre. Open every day, all the year from 10h to 18h
- the Dali Museum which is a very nice little museum devoted to the surrealist artist. Open every day, all year round from 10am to 6pm, except on 24th and 25th December.
- the Halle Saint-Pierre, an atypical place in Paris at the same time art gallery, museum, bookstore, place of conference. Also, programming of concerts and shows. The coffee corner is very nice and spacious enough to go with a stroller.
Top with children in Montmartre ♥♥♥
Take the bus, the funicular or the little train
- Borrow the Montmartrobus which will make you do in 40 min the tour of the hill by its most picturesque streets, Sacré-Coeur included.
- Take a tour with the "little train of Montmartre". Guided tour of about 35 minutes. Nocturnal until midnight in July and August.
- Take the funicular, a glass subway climbing the assault of the Butte. It should please the youngest! It will leave you rue du Cardinal-Dubois, from where, with your back to the Sacred Heart, you will contemplate all Paris ..
Have fun on the Place du Tertre or during a show visit, enjoy an ice cream or a pie ...
- Go place du Tertre see painters and caricaturists ready to draw you the portrait
- Make a ride in the carousel Place du Tertre. The carousel, Venetian style has the charm of the old with its carriages and wooden horses. It dates from the 18th century
- Discover the Montmartre district on the occasion of the spectacular visite "the eternal Spirit of Montmartre" in the company of actors. Ideal as a family, from 7 years old
- To taste an excellentissime ice cream in Scaramouche
- Or taste a sweet and savory pie from the little Mitrons. We love !
Visit Montmartre differently
- The original guided tour "When Street Art Tales the Story of Montmartre."
- The Escape Game outdoors "Les Mystères de Montmartre" (with children aged 6 to 9)
- The Escape Game outdoors "Les Mystères de Montmartre" (with pre-teens and teens)
- The visit Show "L'Eternet Esprit de Montmartre" (with children from 6 years old)