WE love A visit in a magical and enchanting setting
When: every Saturday evening from July 3, 2021 to October 2, 2021
Location: at the castle of Vaux-le-Vicomte (77)
Free: for children under 6
- Every Saturday nightfrom June to early October, the castle of Vaux-le-Vicomte and the 33 hectares of gardens designed by Le Nôtre are illuminated by candles
- The show is magical with more than 2000 candles that sparkle in the whole domain (park and castle)
- These nightly visits by candlelight are a true enchantmenta magical way to discover the domain of Vaux le Vicomte
- The candlelight evenings have been held since 1980 and are a great success every year
- So romantic! It is said that lovers come to the castle of Vaux-le-Vicomte to declare their love, by candlelight, during the Candlelight Evenings
- By candlelight, the garden of Vaux-le-Vicomte becomes mysterious. The works of art, paintings, statues offer themselves to the visitor in a very particular atmosphere
Practical information and rates
- Candlelight Evenings admission ticket gives you access to at the castle (private apartments of Nicolas Fouquet, ceremonial rooms, basements) and to the gardens
- The evening starts at 7pm but you can access the castle with your ticket from 2pm
- Attention: during the installation of the candles inside the castle (from 5:15 pm to 7 pm), you can go for a walk in the gardens
- Adult rate : 19,90 ?
- Children's rate (6 to 17 years old) : 14 ?
- Student rate : 17,90 ?
- Free for children under 6 years old
Candlelight dinner at Vaux-le-Vicomte
- The country and economic formula: the picnic (on the lawn areas provided for picnics)
- Charmilles for a romantic and refined dinner. An ephemeral and elegant restaurant, on the terrace
- The Dream of Vaux For a glass of champagne in a deckchair in front of the illuminated park
- Le Relais de l'Ecureuil an ideal family self-service