RE-OPENING ON SEPTEMBER 9
WE love A fascinating story told in a very educational way
Age: from 8/10 years old
Free: for children under 18
Location: on the forecourt of Notre-Dame
The Archaeological Crypt
- For a unique, playful and educational vision of the urban evolution of the Île de la Cité and Paris since antiquity
- The archaeological crypt presents the remains discovered during excavations under Notre-Dame and dating from the Gallo-Roman period to the 18th century.
- These remains allow us to reconstruct the history of ancient Lutetia and then Paris and show how the city has continued to rebuild itself over the centuries.
- The reconstruction is made possible by spectacular 3D staging and processesas well as slide shows and very educational models.
WE love :
- The atmosphere of the visit under the square of Notre-Dame, in the middle of the Gallo-Roman vestiges of Lutetia.
- The 3D restitution of life in Lutetia in the 4th century AD (including the sound of seagulls and water!).
- The 4 stages of the construction of Notre-Dame with a touch screen that allows you to choose your visit period.