WE love The Cité des sciences et de l'industrie is transformed into a train station hall!
When: May 18th and 19th
Location: Cité des Sciences (Paris 19th)
Age: for all, from 2 years old
Rate : price of the ticket for the Cité des Sciences : 12 ?
Model making festival: an exceptional event!
- The City of Science and Industry turns into a station hall with the largest exhibition of model railroading presented in Paris in the last ten years.
- 820 m2 of rail networks!
- Several networks are to be discovered: from the smallest, which fits in a Brie box, to the largest of 260 m2.
- A unique opportunity to talk with enthusiasts, to participate in workshops to assemble locomotives, to drive model trains or to travel in a steam locomotive!
- Saturday, May 18 from 10 am to 6 pm and Sunday, May 19 from 10 am to 7 pm.
Workshops for all ages
The model making festival thinks about children and organizes for them various animations and workshops.
- From 2 years old : "Bricks of fun". Workshop of 30 min. The toddlers manipulate LEGO trains thanks to a large fixed railway layout and a small modular layout. A static miniature train of great length is built with the public throughout the weekend.
- From 7 years old : "Driving simulator". To discover the job of a train driver, children are asked to monitor signals, speed limits and manage passenger exchanges...
- From 12 years old : Model & model making" Workshop of 1 hour. To discover the origin of the steam locomotive and understand the principle of its operation. Without tools or glue, the public assembles and takes away a model of an authentic wooden locomotive of type 230.