the garden of many colours
The André Citroên park is a modern park known (among other things) for its two large greenhouses (one with tropical plants and the other with Mediterranean orange trees), its Generali balloon (to discover Paris at 150m above the ground) and its water jets in summer when it's very hot (kids love it). And it's the only park in Paris that has a view on the Seine.
Large lawns for picnicsIt's a great place to meet up with friends or family or to get a tan! Bring your badminton rackets and a ball.
ACTIVITIES AT THE ANDRÉ CITROËN PARK
- The park is composed of several gardens These are the black garden, the blue garden, the green garden, the orange garden, the red garden, the silver garden and the gold garden. Each one refers to a metal, a color, a planet, a meaning or a day of the week
- Alleys and back alleys allow you to walk around (very practical with strollers) and to discover an incredible plant palette that changes color with the seasons
- The White Garden for children a ball game area, 2 ping-pong tables (remember to bring your ping-pong rackets and balls), a zip line and games on a soft floor
- The Black Garden for children 5 enclosures with 2 sandboxes topped by spring games, wooden huts and slides
- For teens A 350m2 space to exercise without disturbing others
THE WATER JETS OF THE ANDRÉ CITROÊN PARK
- They spring up from the ground when the temperatures start to rise in Paris and the heat wave begins. the dream place to refresh the little ones
- It's a must for the little Parisians in July and August
- In theory, swimming is forbidden in the fountains that . So, beware of slips and falls of children (you alone will be responsible if you get hurt)
- Don't forget to sunscreen, hats and bathing suits !
THE BALLOON (GENERAL BALLOON)
- The Generali Balloon is open every day from 9am until 30 minutes before the park closes.
- Free for little Parisians under 12 years old(upon presentation of proof of residence and age)
- It may be cancelled without notice if weather conditions are unfavorable.
A LITTLE HISTORY AND GEOGRAPHY
- The André Citroën Park is located on the site of the former Parisian Citroën factory.
- It is an urban, contemporary and modern park which was inaugurated in 1992
- It has an area of 14 hectares