We thought up and imagined a weekend or 2-day sightseeing tour for parents and children aged 7 to 12. We set out to answer the question "how can you visit Paris in 2 days with a child and allow the whole family to enjoy it?
The goal is to see (and visit) places, monuments, museums, emblematic sites and must-see Paris which appeal to the big ones and also to the youngest ones.
For those of you who have already been there and are looking for more ideas on how to enjoy Paris with your family, check out our " Paris with 7/12 years old "or pick up more ideas from "The Circuit 3 days with 7/12 years "or the "Circuit for 5 days and more with 7/12 years "
- The evening before a cruise on the Seine or a Bus Tour
- Day 1 Eiffel Tower, Aquarium, Champs-Elysées, Louvre, Montmartre
- Day 2 : Ile de la Cité, Pompidou center, Jardin des Plantes
- Practical information
EVE TO EVENING: cruise on the Seine or panoramic bus tour
The day before day 1 : Cruise on the Seine > or Panoramic Bus
Paris by night, from the Seine
- A cruise on the Seine with the Bateaux Mouches (departure from the Alma bridge - Paris 8th - right bank) or with the Bateaux Parisiens (departure from the foot of the Eiffel tower - Paris 7th - left bank)
- Discounted tickets for families with the Bateaux-Mouches company,
- All cruises are free for children under 4 years old
The day before day 1 Cruise on the Seine > or Panoramic Bus
A tour of Paris by night bus:
- Discover, on board a scenic bus, Paris at night and its illuminations.
- Admire the magic of Paris at night : its illuminated monuments, illuminated bridges ...
- The course : the Place de l'Opéra, the department stores, the Champs-Elysées, the Eiffel Tower, the Louvre Museum, the Notre-Dame cathedral, Saint-Germain des-Prés ...
- Duration of the tour : 1h 30
- At 6:15pm or 9pm or 10pm depending on the season
- A very pleasant and relaxing way to discover Paris
DAY 1: Eiffel Tower - Aquarium - Champs-Elysées - Louvre - Montmartre
Day 1 : Eiffel Tower > Aquarium > Champs-Elysées > Louvre > Montmartre
The Eiffel Tower: a must!
- Go up to the 2nd floor or at the top (accessible by elevator): reserve as soon as possible
- Playful : in summer, a carousel and small games are installed on the 1st floor of the Eiffel Tower
- Free : for children under 4 years old
- Champ de Mars Games, carousel and snack break
- Trocadero After visiting the Eiffel Tower, go for a walk on the Trocadero esplanade (the view on the Champs-de-Mars is splendid)
Day 1 Eiffel Tower > Aquarium > Champs-Elysées > Louvre > Montmartre
Aqua Ciné Aquarium
- It is the most beautiful aquarium of Paris : 43 pools, a giant aquarium full of sharks, a shark tunnel, 3 nursery aquariums, a fascinating medusaarium and a pool for caressing carp and goldfish
- Convenient: located near the Trocadero (between the Eiffel Tower and the Champs-Elysées)
- Good plan : Discounted rates all year round
- Free : for children under 3 years old
- Good to know : there is a restaurant for those who want to have a lunch break
Day 1 Eiffel Tower > Aquarium Champs Elysees > Louvre > Montmartre
Stroll on the Champs-Elysées
- Stroll : go down quietly the Champs-Elysées from the Arc de Triomphe to the Concorde
- Shopping : luxury boutiques, big retailers like Zara, the Disney Store buot, Abercrombie, Nike, Addidas ... And for the big and small football fan, the PSG Official Store !
- Exciting for childrens: the Palais de la Découverte, an extraordinary science museum (currently closed for renovation)
- Tourist and very nice : the view from the Arc de Triomphe (free for children under 18)
- greed : the Ladurée tea room, for lunch, to taste or to buy a macaroon
- Lunch buy a sandwich and have a picnic in the Tuileries garden if the weather is good
- Take a 1h30 Tuk-tuk tour (departure place de la Concorde): children (and you too!) will love it
Day 1 Tour-Eiffel > Aquarium > Champs-Elysées > Louvre > Montmartre
The Louvre and the Tuileries Gardens
- 1h15 max of visit to the Louvre (a bit short for adults but very good for kids)
- Then take a look at Tuileries garden (funfair in summer) - rides, ponies, catering in the garden ...
- Push the ride until garden of the Royal Palace (and his Buren columns)
- Gourmet break : a hot chocolate at Angelina
- Ideal for discovering the Louvre-Tuileries district with 8-13 year olds : Milirue, the fun and intelligent exploration notebooks
4 fun ideas with kids at the Louvre and in the neighborhood
1- GUIDED TOUR OF THE LOUVRE FOR CHILDREN (from 6 years old): group or privatized visits. Around the masterpieces of the Louvre, Greek antiquities or Egyptian antiquities. Duration 1h30
2- ENIGMA WALK IN THE LOUVRE (from 7-8 years old): the playful visit based on riddlesin complete autonomy (without a guide). Duration 1h30 to 2h
4- VISIT TO THE ROYAL PALACE (from 9 years old) : The visit investigation in the company of a comedian. Duration 2 hours
If you are not tempted by the Louvre ...
- The budding museum ♡the first museum dedicated to art for children (from 3 years old)
- The Orangery Museum (small museum - really ideal with children) : a superb collection of impressionists and also 2 rooms dedicated to Monet's Waterlilies
- The Orsay museum, our favorite museum in Paris (Rive-Droite side)
Day 1 Tour-Eiffel > Aquarium > Champs-Elysées > Louvre > Montmartre
An evening in Montmartre
- It is a very nice neighborhood and very lively
- Tip: take the Montmartrobus where the funiculare to go up to the Sacred Heart
- The view of Paris is to die for
- Nice: to get a portrait Place du Tertre
- There are a lot of small restaurants and terraces when the weather is nice
- Sweet break : we recommend " Small mitrons "for its sweet pies to fall and Scaramouche for its artisanal ice creams with original fragrances
- Fun idea with the little ones: take a little tour with the Petit train de Montmartre
7 fun ideas with kids in Montmartre
1- THE LITTLE TRAIN OF MONTMARTRE : the commented tour of the neighborhood. Duration: 40 minutes
2- THE MONTMARTRE SHOW VISIT WITH ACTORS (from 6 years old) : The Eternal Spirit of Montmartre. Duration 1h30 - Free for children under 8 years old
4- THE PLAYFUL VISIT OF MONTMARTRE (from 6 years old): Tell me about Montmartre. Duration 1h30
5- STREET ART TOUR OF MONTMARTRE (from 8 years old) : When Street Art tells the story of Montmartre... . Duration 1h30
6- THE MONTMARTRE TREASURE HUNT (from 10 years old) : 2 hours to discover the secret of Montmartre. Duration 2 hours
DAY 2: Ile de la Cité - Centre Pompidou - Jardin des Plantes
Day 2 : Island of the City > Centre Pompidou > Jardin des Plantes
Sainte Chapelle and Ile-Saint-Louis
- Before the fire of Notre-Dame, we told you not to miss the visit of Notre-Dame ...
- Before you can return, we suggest you start your walk on the island of Saint-Louis by the visit of the Holy Chapel. If you are lucky enough to be there on a sunny day, it is simply magnificent!
- Stroll on the banks of the Seine and lose on Île-de-la-Cité and on the island-saint-Louis
- Gluttony: crack for an ice cream at Bertillon, a mythical address in Paris
- Ideal to discover the Ile de la Cité with 8-13 years old : Milirue, the fun and intelligent exploration notebooks
3 cool ideas with kids on the Ile de la Cité and the Ile Saint-Louis
1- GUIDED TOUR OF THE MYSTERIOUS AND FANTASTIC PARIS (from 8 years old) : Paris in the time of the alchemists and the Templars. Duration 1h30
2- GUIDED TOUR OF THE CENTER OF PARIS AROUND VIDEO GAMES (from 10 years old) : The guided tour of the Paris of video games . Duration 1h30
3- TREASURE HUNT ON THE ISLAND OF SAINT-LOUIS (from 10 years old): The last secret of Arsène Lupin. Duration 2 hours
Day 2 Ile de la Cité > Centre Pompidou > Jardin des Plantes
The Centre Pompidou
- The Centre Pompidou opens at 11am.
- There is a very nice collection of modern and contemporary art
- The bookstore for children it's great
- There is a breathtaking view of the rooftops of Paris from the 5th floor. Do not miss it
Day 2 Ile de la Cité > Centre Pompidou > Paris Garden of plants
- One can easily spend a whole afternoon at the Garden of plants. It is a place very nice with children
- The Great Gallery of Evolution, one of our favorite places, a magical place
- The menagerie of the Jardin des Plantes : a zoo on a human scale that will delight the little ones
- The large tropical greenhouses (for the parents)
- At tea time : change of scenery guaranteed, right next to the Jardin des Plantes, cafe of the Great Mosque of Paris to drink a mint tea and eat oriental pastries
Tips and tricks before and during your stay in Paris...
- Find accommodation in the area of your choice
- Book your activities as soon as possible
A photo shoot to immortalize your stay in Paris...
- A super fun idea for family
- Private stroll in Paris with a professional photographer
- A suggested itinerary: the Louvre, Palais Royal, Pont des Arts, Tuileries garden... (all on foot)
- About 150 souvenir pictures taken throughout the session (sent within 48 hours by Wetransfer).
Ideas for lunch, dinner, snack, brunch ...
- There is a restaurant at the Aquarium of Paris for those who want to do their lunch break
- The restaurants of the World in the Carrousel du Louvre (on the mezzanine). are a practical solution for eating on the run. It's affordable and there is something for everyone
- To taste, the luxurious Angélina tea room (under the arcades of the rue de Rivoli), mythical address in Paris. Its hot chocolate is to die for and the beautiful setting!
Visit Paris while resting, on board a boat, a bus or a Tuktuk :
OUR IDEAS FOR FUN ACTIVITIES WITH 7-12 YEAR OLDS :
- CRUISE ON THE SEINE FOR CHILDREN : The Miraculous Cruise (especially for 5 - 11 year olds) or The family cruise (ideal for 7 - 12 years old)
- PANORAMIC TOUR OF PARIS FOR CHILDREN : The kids tour (for ages 5 - 11)
- ESCAPE GAME : An outdoor escape game to discover a district of Paris (from 6 years old)
- hoverboard : The 1h30 hoverboard ride on the quays of the Seine (from 8 years old)
- TUK-TUK : The Tuk-tuk tour of Parisfrom 1h30 to 3h depending on the course (for all)
- BALLOON OF PARIS : The spectacular view of Paris from a hot air balloon (all)
- VISIT WITH ACTORS : show visit or survey visit with one or more actors of a district of Paris (from 6 years old)
- STREET ART : visits to discover the Street Art in Paris (from 8 years old)
- PARISIAN PARKS : fun and cultural visits to the garden of the Rodin museum (from 6 years old), around the Mythology at Tuileries garden (from 6 years old) or at Luxembourg garden (from 8 years old), and the survey visit to the Tuileries garden (from 6 years old)
- UNUSUAL TOURS : fun themed tours to discover Paris districts in a different way: Paris in cartoons (for 6-10 year olds), in the footsteps of Dilili (for ages 6-10), the Paris of the alchemists and templars (from 8 years old), the secrets of the Bastille (from 10 years old)
- TheENIGMA WALKS : puzzles to download to walk at your own pace in Paris and discover one of its districts while having fun (from 5 years old)
- MILIRUE EXPLORATION NOTEBOOKS : 2 discovery routes to be done on foot (For ages 8-13)
- CULTURE : The family guided tour in a museum (from 6 years old)
- CULTURE : The family guided tour of the Castle of Versailles, of the Saint-Denis basilica, of Pantheon (from 7 years old)
- FOR SOCCER FANS : the guided tour backstage at the Stade de France or the visit of the Parc des Princes (for all fans)
- SPECTACULAR : Paris in virtual reality at FlyView (from 1,20 m !)
- ANIMALS : the Great Gallery of Evolution, theAquarium of Paris