WE love Jules Vernes' novel in a theatrical and musical version
Age: from 5 years old
DATES: until November 7, 2020
Location: la Folie Théâtre (Paris 11e)
Around the world in 80 days: prize for the best show for young audiences 2019
- This "Around the World in 80 days", staged by the Masquerade company, plunges us into the world of Jules Verne and the crazy adventures of Phileas Fogg,
- This adaptation remains faithful to the writing of Jules Verne to the point of repeating some of the dialogues of the novel.
- The use of several scenic processes video projection, shadow theater and leather masks make the show extremely lively.
- The video projection is at the heart of the staging. It allows the immersion of the public in the industrial era by the diffusion of reworked archive images.
- The masks allow the actors to interpret several roles and reinforce the characters.
- Finally, the shadow theater takes the spectator into a scenic mise en abîme that supports the great actions of the story (elephant trip, Hindu procession...) and gives free rein to the imagination.
- The music is very present and depends on each country crossed.
- The Pitch we are at London in 1872. Phileas Fogg, a secret and phlegmatic gentleman, announces one day to his gambling club that it is possible to go around the world in 80 days. Sir Thomas Flanagan, his rival, challenges him to accomplish this feat. Frogg then embarks on the adventure with his new French servant, Passepartout. From Paris to New York via Bombay and Hong Kong, by boat, train or elephant, it is a crazy journey, full of pitfalls and encounters that our two characters will experience.
- A nice way to introduce children to this wonderful story.
- Once again, the Masquerade Company offers a colorful and high quality show
- A 1 hour show