Basic Ingredients : bread + egg + milk + butter
With Cooking (baking)
Cooking time less than 30mn
Ingredients (for about 6 p.)
- Slices of old bread or slices of brioche.
- 2 eggs
- 40cl milk
- soft butter
- 1 pinch of salt
- Preheat the oven (th. 7 or 220°.)
- Butter a dish generously square or rectangular porcelain (or worse)
- Butter the slices of bread with soft butter. and place them in the buttered coffee dish on top.
- In a salad bowl, mix the eggs and milk. Add a pinch of salt
- Pour over the bread and put the dish in the fridge until the bread has absorbed all the milk...
- Sprinkle with 3 tablespoons of sugar. and slide in the oven until the bread is puffed up and golden brown (between 20 and 30mn approximately)
1 - You can replace the bread with stale brioche.
2 - Serve with maple syrup, homemade caramel, spread (preferably organic and without palm oil) or jam.