THE MUSEUM THE NYMPHS WALTER-GUILLAUME COLLECTION YOUNG AUDIENCE IN THE NEIGHBORHOOD ON THE SIDE OF THE FIELDS-ELYSÉES IN THE TILL-SIDE DISTRICT
WE love : the extraordinary collection of Impressionist works and Monet's Water Lilies
Age : for all, from 8 years old
Free: for children under 18 (under 26 if EU national) and for everyone every 1st Sunday of the month.
Duration of the visit: Between 1h and 1h30
The Orangerie Museum, one of the most beautiful museum of paintings in Paris
- The museum of the Orangery, was formerly an orangery, a place where one deposited the oranges to well conserve them
- It is today a museum, devoted mainly to French painting between 1860 and 1930
- In our opinion, this is one of the most beautiful paintings museums in Paris
- A small fascinating museum located in the Tuileries Gardenon the esplanade above the Concorde
- We love this museum relatively unknown which counts the spectacular Monet's water lilies and an eoutstanding collection of impressionist and post-impressionist works (French painting from 1860 to 1930)
- In addition to the permanent collections, the Musée de l'Orangerie has often fascinating exhibitions
Water Lilies: spectacular and unique in the world
- Claude Monet, assisted by Georges Clémenceau chooses the Orangery Museum to house the Nymphéas cycle, a cycle he started 30 years ago
- This unique set is one of the largest monumental achievements of painting in the first half of the 20th century. This unique masterpiece knows no equivalent around the world
- 2 pieces are specially designed to welcome the 8 famous paintings of Claude Monet. They benefit from natural light from the glass roof and their east-west orientation symbolically places them in the sun's rays.
- Monet wanted the visitor to fully immerse themselves in painting and forget about the outside world
- The first room contains four compositions showing the reflections of the sky and the vegetation in the water, from morning to evening, while the second room includes paintings with contrasting effect by the willow branches along the water.
The Musée de l'Orangerie is also famous for its Walter Guillaume collection:
- This extraordinary collection was acquired by the Musée de l'Orangerie in the 60s
- She brings together 146 impressionist and post-impressionist works from the 1860s to the 1930s
- The collection comes mainly from Paul Guillaume, great art dealer of the early twentieth
- We admire in particular : 25 Renoir, 15 Cézanne, 10 Matisse, 12 Picasso, 5 Modigliani, 22 Soutine and also Monet, Sisley, Douanier Rousseau, Marie Laurencin, Derain, Utrillo, Van Dongen ...
- This is the opportunity to discover in a museum on a human scale, the great impressionist and post-impressionist masters
The Orangery Museum and the young public
Workshops for children
- From 6 years old
- Visits followed by workshop around the permanent collections or around the exposure of the moment
- duration 2h
- On reservation
The little M'O
- The Orangerie Museum, in association with the Orsay Museum, created a website especially for 6-10 years old: The little M'O
- Lily the frog for the Orangery and the Pompon bear (the mascot of the Musée d'Orsay), offer children a selection of works with small commentary, biographical notes on the artists and thematic routes.
- There is also a gazette, a diary ...
Top en famille du côté des Champs-Elysées ♥♥
- Shopping with the kids:
Among shops that will appeal to children and teenagers on the Champs-Elysees, we recommend:
- for the little ones: Disney Store (at n°44)
- for teenagers: Abercrombie (at n°23), Zara (at n°44 and 92), H&M (at n°88)
- for sportsmen and women: Addidas (at No. 22)
- for the footeux : PSG Boutique (at n° 27 )
- All about the Champs-Elysees neighborhood with kids:
Finally a little practical info: do not hesitate to take the bus 73 which goes up or down all the Champs-Elysées
Top en famille du côté du jardin des Tuileries ♥♥
- Enjoy the Tuileries garden:
- Stroll through the Tuileries garden, it's one of the most beautiful gardens in Paris...
- There is no shortage of them: its pools and small boats, pony rides, playgrounds to the right of the central aisle, statues scattered all over the place and candy stands.
- If you are there in the summer, you will be entitled to the fairground that settles down in the garden in good weather.
- for the gourmet break, appointment... at Angelina's place
- playful or thematic guided tours ideal for families:
- For all, children from 6 years old and teenagers : "The Wonderful Legend of the Tuileries". It's an unusual investigative visit to the Tuileries garden in the company of a comedian. Take advantage of our offer at -20%, ticket from €11.20
- For children from 6 to 14 years old : "Mythology in the Tuileries" : the cultural and playful visit in the Tuileries garden to get acquainted with the great mythological heroes who hide many secrets. Take advantage of our offer at -10%, 11.70 € ticket
- For ages 10 and up: "In the footsteps of Ramses II". The guided and educational tour on the traces of ancient Egypt. Take advantage of our offer at -10%ticket from 6,70€.
- the Louvre museum:
- Of course, at the end of the Tuileries garden, we get to the Louvre Museum
- Nevertheless, we do not advise you to go to the Louvre museum after the visit of the Orangery museum, it is too much for children, as for adults, in the same day!