A place turned towards ecology, the environment, the preservation of the planet
FREE (except some workshops)
The GoodPlanet Foundation aims to raise awareness among adults and the younger generation (children of all ages and teenagers) about environmental protection, to ecology and to solidarity.
This foundation was created by Yann Arthus Bertrand in 2017. It is open to all and is free. It is located in the Domaine de Longchamp (Paris 16th), on 3.5 hectares, a site protected by an environmental charter. It is a place for exchange and sharing.
On weekends, you can nibble a piece (sandwiches) and drink fresh juices at Coup d'Jus.
ALL YEAR ROUND AT THE GOODPLANET FOUNDATION
- A walk on a forest path, in a preserved nature
- A place of life with all year round workshops (free and paid), concerts, exhibitionsand film screenings...
- An environmental awareness and to ecology with educational devices like composting, an insect hotel, a vegetable garden, a permaculture orchard
THE AGENDA OF THE WEEK AND THE WEEKEND AT THE GOODPLANET FOUNDATION
- Saturdays and Sundays are dedicated to the environment, solidarity and positive ecology
- Many educational or fun workshops (free and paying) are offered to families on themes as varied as the harvesting of honey, biodiversity or the problem of refugees
- Also wellness sessions, photo initiations or permaculture...
- And on the festive side : concerts, musical demonstrations or dance
- THE DAY BY DAY AGENDA OF WORKSHOPS AND EVENTS (online registration for paid workshops)
THE EXHIBITIONS OF THE GOODPLANET FOUNDATION
"PLANET OCEAN", a new and immersive exhibition (until 15/12/2019)
- Top with kids and teens.
- The marine life, seen by directors or artists from all horizons with exhibitions of photographs and animated films
- A very family-oriented exhibition that is above all educational
- Nice: big beanbags for children in theaters, to watch movies
"GENESIS", the exhibition by Sebastiao Salgado
- A magnificent photo exhibition talented Sebastiao Salgado
- It gives to see the beauty of the world through large black and white photos exposed in the middle of nature: landscapes, tribes from all over the world, animals, trances of life, rites...
- Sebastiao Salgado, a great Brazilian photographer, is a nature lover but also a witness of the decline of our planet
"PASSEUR DE SON", the exhibition of Armand Amar
- Armand Amar is the composer of the films of Yann Arthus Bertrand.
- He is also a collector of old musical instruments from all over the world (Asia, Oceania, Africa...).
- It presents a part of its fabulous collection which counts more than 2000 instruments
- 800 exceptional pieces are gathered here
- Wednesday from 1 to 6 pm, Thursday from 1 to 5 pm, Friday from 1 to 6 pm and weekends from 12 to 7 pm
THE GIANT BEEHIVE
- The Hive is an immersive installationThe beehive, which reproduces the life of a beehive: noise of the bees, evolution of the hive according to the seasons...
- A wall of explanation on the life of the bees, the manufacture of honey, the various types of bees, the bees in danger... Very interesting for children
AROUND THE GOOD-PLANET FOUNDATION:
The GoodPlanet foundation is located in the Longchamp domain in the Bois de Boulogne. Just next door are :
- The Acclimatization garden
- The Louis Vuitton Foundation
At certain times of the year, some nice family events take place in the Bois de Boulogne, near the GoodPlantet Foundation: