Basic ingredients : canned tuna + sandwich bread + egg
With cooking (in the pan)
Cooking time 3 to 4 minutes (per cake)
To do with children
Ingredients (for 4 people)
- 400 g canned tuna in brine
- 150 of stale bread crumbs
- 1 tablespoon mayonnaise (preferably homemade)
- 1 untreated lemon
- 1 egg
- a few sprigs of tarragon
- 10 cl of neutral oil
- Salt, freshly ground pepper
- Remove the crust from the bread, cut it into cubes and put it in a bowl
- Drain the tuna over the salad bowl to soak the bread cubes in the juice.
- In another bowl, crumble the tuna with a fork.
- Add the lemon zest and juice. Then the mayonnaise, a touch of Espelette pepper and the egg.
- Finely chop the tarragon and add it to the mixture
- Salt and pepper
- Form balls of the mixture with your fingers and flatten them slightly
- Heat the oil in a non-stick pan.
- Brown the tuna croquettes for 3 to 4 minutes per side
- Serve hot with a green salad, raw vegetables or rice for a more substantial meal
Organic and good Prefer organic ingredients as much as possible, especially for the lemon
Choose the tuna Laurent Mariotte recommends albacore tuna (the noblest of all tuna species)