LOVE: especially the rooms dedicated to Napoleon and the Charles de Gaulle historial
RATE : 12? adult ticket
FREE for children under 18
NIGHTLIGHT: Tuesdays until 9pm, from April to September
IN JULY AND AUGUST: opening of the church of the Dome, tomb of Napoleon I
AN EXCITING MUSEUM
- With particular rooms dedicated to Napoleon and those that present a comprehensive approach tomilitary history of the 19th and 20th centuries.
- The rooms on Napoleon essentially present its battles. And of course, you should not miss the tomb of Napoleon under the dome of the Invalides.
- The part of the museum dedicated to two world wars allows to see the "Big Bertha", a cab of the Marne, testimonies on the trenches, then the rise of Nazism, the call of the general de Gaulle, the battle of the Atlantic...
- Finally, thehistorial Charles de Gaulle offers an exciting permanent interactive exhibition to visit with headphones on.
- Twice a year, the Musée de l'Armée offers temporary exhibitions. They are generally very educational.
ACTIVITIES FOR YOUNG PEOPLE
The museum offers several activities for families:
- Investigation games (from 7 years old): they combine a visit of the museum with riddles or tests, transforming the children into budding detectives. Duration: 1h30 to 2h
- Guided tales (from 7 years old) : they are animated by a storyteller who makes discover the life of a character through the collections of the museum. Duration: 1h30
- workshops (from 6 years old): they extend the discovery of the collections by a concrete realization (creation of a coat of arms, a fantastic animal...) Duration: 1h30 to 2h00
- Guided tours (from 7 years old): this is a discovery visit of a department of the museum. This visit remains active and calls upon the children's sense of observation. Duration : 1h30
- Every year in December, on the occasion of the Saint Barbara's DayThe Musée de l'Armée offers a free festive weekend. It is a historical show, free family around the artillery in the great court of the Invalides.
RESTORE ON THE ROOM
- The café-restaurant The Carré des Invalides (download the map HERE): open from 9:00 am to 6:30 pm, from April 1 to October 31 and from 9:00 am to 5:30 pm, from November 1 to March 31