Exciting for children and teenagers
Free for all
WE LOVE : understanding the police from yesterday to today
AGE: with pre-teens and teens
LOCATION: in the 5th district
OPEN: Monday to Friday + the 3rd Saturday of each month
FREE: for everyone
A brand new space dedicated to technical and scientific police
The Police Museum was completely refurbished in 2020. It now presentss an exciting new space dedicated to technical and scientific police from yesterday to today. 4 zones explain in a playful and educational way the adventure of the scientific police :
- Alphonse Bertillon, inventor of forensics
- Identification before bertillage
- The revolution in forensic techniques with DNA, fingerprints
- New techniques such as odorology...
It is also called "The Museum of Crime."
- Regicides, blood crimes, murders by poison, skulduggery or swindles...
- The cases followed by the Parisian police services during the centuries are exposed in the windows of this atypical museum
- The Police Museum traces the history of the greatest criminals or serial killers like Henri-Désiré Landru or Doctor Petiot who marked the spirits and the great criminal cases like that of Violette Nozières which the press seized
- On the occasion of the visit of the museum of the Police force, we discover how banal pieces of evidence helped to solve major cases
- Weapons of crime, evidence, anecdotes... a museum rich in crazy, dark, cruel and fascinating stories
The great police officers who have marked the history of the police force
- The Police Museum also presents the great men who have served the police for several centuries
- The Lieutenant General of Police Nicolas La Reynie who put an end to the Poisons Affair, Eugène-François Vidocq the former head of Napoleon's security brigade or Célestin Hennion the creator of the Tiger Brigades
A LITTLE HISTORY
- The Museum of the Police Prefecture was inaugurated in 1909, 9 years after the Universal Exhibition. It is the prefect Louis Lépine who wished the creation
- A few key dates: in-depth reorganization of Parisian police in 1789, creation of the function of prefect in 1800, creation of the body of the sergeants of city in 1829, nomination of Louis Lépine in 1893, creation of the Direction of the Judicial Police and that of the General Information and the Games in 1913...
- This museum has enriched its collection with numerous acquisitions and donations
BIRTHDAY PARTY FOR 8/14 YEAR OLDS: "WHO BENEFITS FROM RHYME?", THE VISIT -INVESTIGATION AT THE POLICE MUSEUM
- Who benefits from crime?? for a birthday party!
- These birthdays can be organized from Monday to Friday and the 3rd Saturday of each month
- They are for children from 8 to 14 years old
- Duration 1h30
- For up to 15 children
- Formula suspended until the end of the year