VISIT THE LOUVRE MUSEUM
At a stay in ParisIt's hard not to plan a visit to the Louvre! The museum has many must-see works, classics that should not be missed under any circumstances:
- The Victory of Samothrace, The Mona Lisa, The Rite of the Emperor by David (the largest painting in the museum), The four Seasons of Archimboldo - Denon wing, 1st floor.
- The Department of Egyptology and his mummies.
- On the 2nd floor, the two masterpieces of Georges de La Tour : The Cheat with the Ace of Diamonds and The Madeleine at the night light - Sully Wing
- And the Medieval Louvre
The Louvre Pyramid is 21 meters high. It weighs 200 tons, and is made of 673 glass plates.
THE LOUVRE WITH THE CHILDREN
Before visiting the museum, stop by the Children's Bookstore. It is located in the gallery that runs from the stores of the Carrousel du Louvre to the museum entrance. You will find game books for visiting the Louvre and other museums.
Depending on the age of the children, do you give between 1h and 1h30 of visitNo more and go to the point (see above).
You can also, before your visit, download the game paths lasting about 1h30 (several themes are proposed).
In the Richelieu wing, thea Little Gallery is a space dedicated to children. 2 times a year, exhibitions propose to explore a theme through major works of prehistory to contemporary creation. At the moment and until July it is about understanding archaeology through comics.
Before you go, take a look around Louvre shopping arcade to which the Hall Napoléon leads, with its restaurants and the stores of the Carrousel du Louvre.
After being stolen by the Italian V. Peruggia, Mona Lisa will return to the Louvre at the beginning of 1914 !
Workshops & Tales
Workshops for children of all ages. For 4 - 6 years old, 6 - 8 years old and 8-12 years old. Sketch workshops : we stroll in the museum and we appropriate a work. From mime workshops to experiment with postures, mimes and movements in the encounter with a work of art. Also some conducted workshops by a choreographer where children study the representation of the body in movement.
Discover the works in families through wonderful stories. Several themes such as Egypt, Persia or the Orient. From 4 years old
STROLL IN THE TILE GARDEN
Stroll through the Tuileries Gardens, one of the most beautiful gardens in Paris: the ponds and small boatsThere are playgrounds to the right of the central aisle, statues scattered around and candy kiosks.
If you are there in the summer, you will be able to enjoy the funfair that is set up in the garden.
NOT TO BE MISSED IN THE NEIGHBORHOOD
The area is full of places not to be missed and is conducive to many family and unusual visits.
- Places not to miss around the Louvre :
- Go and have a hot chocolate at home Angelina
- Do a photo shoot on the Buren columns
- A walk in the Royal Palace
- Admire the place Vendômeits luxury hotels and jewelers
- Unusual and family visits to discover the district while having fun:
- the family outing shot with a professional photographer - ideal with children of all ages. Duration from 1h30 to 2h.
- The investigation of the Royal Palace. 2-hour treasure hunt at the Palais Royal. Ideal from 9 years old.
- the Marvelous Legend of the TuileriesA family treasure hunt in the Tuileries gardens. Ideal from 6 years old. Duration 2 hours.
- Ramses II in ParisA guided tour on the traces of ancient Egypt. Ideal from 10 years old