They are more economical than store-bought creams. And so much better! It is the ultimate family dessert that is passed down from generation to generation. An activity idea for one day of confinement or a rainy day ...
INGREDIENTS (for about 6 small pots or ramekins)
- 1/2 l milk
- 60gr of sugar
- 125gr of chocolate
- 30gr of flour (or 10gr of Maîzena)
- 1 vanilla bean (optional)
- Melt the chocolate in very little water (ideally in a double boiler)
- When it is well melted, add the milk, sugar and vanilla.
- Boil it. Cover and let it brew.
- Mix the flour (or cornstarch) with 3 or 4 spoons of water
- Pour little by little over the hot chocolate from which you have removed the vanilla
- Return the mixture to the heat and cook, stirring, for 5 to 6 minutes
- You can add a knob of butter at the end.
- Pour into a salad bowl or small jars.
- Put them in the fridge before serving
1 - Add a few small pieces of orange peel, it perfumes the cream and is delicious!
2 - You can also pour the mixture into a large porcelain dish with a not too high rim (for a family dessert)