- WE love : The exhibition dedicated to Picasso's early works
- Age:for all, from 7 years old
- Duration:until January 6, 2019
- Location: Orsay Museum (Paris 7e)
Paris hosts 2 major exhibitions dedicated to Picasso. In addition to the exhibition "Picasso Bleu et Rose" at the Musée d'Orsay, which presents the works of his youth, the museum Picasso gathers the masterpieces of Picasso on the occasion of his exhibition entitled "Picasso, Masterpieces!". These 2 exhibitions are naturally naturally complementary and are both very suitable for young audiencesespecially since they organize family visits and workshops especially for children.
PICASSO BLUE AND PINK: Picasso's early works
The exhibition "Picasso Blue and Pink" presents the works of the years 1900-1906, called blue and pink period. It is an essential moment in Picasso's career. In 1900, Picasso was 19 years old and he began to break away from academic painting. The blue period is characterized by emaciated characters, of a great sadness. "It was with Casagemas in mind that I began to paint in blue". said Picasso. Casagemas was a close friend of Picasso's who shot himself in the head for a matter of the heart. The blue period is followed by the pink period, which is more peaceful with portraits of acrobats. The exhibition Picasso Bleu et Rose presents about 300 works: paintings, drawings and also Picasso's sculpted and engraved production during these years.
PICASSO BLEU ET ROSE: the exhibition also for children from 7 years
As usual, the Musée d'Orsay is organizing events for young people public. In our opinion, the exhibition "Picasso Bleu et Rose" is perfectly adapted to the visit of for children. This is an opportunity for them to discover Picasso's first steps with these works of his youth. In addition to the free visits, The Musée d'Orsay offers special activities for children: THE FAMILY VISIT: "Hola Pablo!".
- for 6 - 12 years old
- Duration : 1h30
- The visit proposes to families to find in the exhibition the imprint of the Iberian culture, the light, the dances, the songs and the great the light, the dances, the songs and the great masters of Spanish painting, of which Picasso always felt he was the heir.
- Saturdays at 11am
- 2 accompanying adults maximum per child
- Accompanying adults must pay for the Musée d'Orsay entrance ticket in addition to the visit Adult rate already in possession of a ticket to the museum = 5.50 ? -Adult rate including the museum ticket = 17? -Child rate = 5.50 ?