For moms (and dads) in a hurry, because it's less time consuming and tedious than frying each slice of bread in a pan. A little less greasy too. A great snack to make for the kids.
FRENCH TOAST INGREDIENTS:
- Slices of old bread or slices of brioche.
- 2 eggs
- 40cl milk
- soft butter
- 1 pinch of salt
FRENCH TOAST RECIPE:
- Preheat the oven (th. 7 or 220° C)
- Generously butter a dish square or rectangular porcelain (or pirex)
- Butter the slices of bread with soft butter. and place them in the buttered coffee dish on top
- In a salad bowl, mix eggs and milk. Add a pinch of salt
- Pour over the bread and put the dish in the refrigerator until the bread has absorbed all the milk
- Sprinkle with 3 tablespoons of sugar and slide in the oven until bread is puffed and golden brown (between 20 and 30mn approximately)
1 - You can replace the bread by stale brioche
2 - Serve with maple syrup, homemade caramel, spreads (organic and preferably without palm oil) or jam