economical and much better because you made it!
The ingredients (for 6 to 8 people)
- 2 pre-spreaded puff pastry sheets "pure butter".
- 1 egg yolk (for gilding)
- 150 g softened butter + 20 g (for the mould)
- 3 eggs
- 150 g almond powder
- 150 g icing sugar
- 3 tablespoons of white rum (optional)
The recipe for the galette des rois
- Preheat the oven to 200° (th. 6-7)
- Soften the butter for 30 seconds in the microwave on defrost position (or in a bain marie if you don't have a microwave).
- Butter a large tart tin. Spread the first puff pastry and prick it with a fork.
- Preparing Frangipane : take out all the ingredients in advance so that they are at the right temperature. In a salad bowl mix the butter, icing sugar and almond powder. Add the eggs one by one and flavour with the rum. Pour this preparation on the bottom of the dough. Cover with a second disc of dough. Press the edges of the 2 doughs to weld them together.
- Dissolve 2 tablespoons of water in the egg yolk and brush the surface of the wafer with this mixture. Draw crosswise streaks on the surface with a fork.
- Don't forget to include a bean (small subject of your choice), a dried bean or a small bean.
- Bake for 40 minutes. Enjoy!
Choosing the puff pastry The Picard puff pastry is one of the best among all those tested.
Organic and good The cake will cost you a little more, but not as much as the one you bought from your baker.
A low-fat cake If you want to lighten the frangipane, replace half of the butter with applesauce or mashed applesauce, a tip from blogger Delphine. on his blog Miss'Pat (organic and gourmet cuisine)
(this recipe is taken from the excellent book "Le livre de cuisine" by Andrée Zana Murat, a real bible to have absolutely in your kitchen).
If you are looking for more fun and easy recipes to make with your children, we've put together a small family recipe selection extra.