This is the recipe that our mom used to make for us when we were little (and which has been passed from house to house and which we continue to make for our children). It is the evening dessert to be done quickly when the refrigerator shelves are empty! This recipe is ideal to make with the family, even with toddlers.
INGREDIENTS (for 6 to 8 small pots or ramekins)
- 1/2 l milk
- 3 eggs
- 75 gr of sugar
- flavour: 1 teaspoon of liquid vanilla or 1 sachet of vanilla sugar
- Preheat the oven (th. 6 or 180°). And put a large dish filled with water in the oven to hold the ramekins (to bring the water in the bain-marie up to temperature).
- Boil milk with sugar
- In a bowl, beat whole eggs
- Gradually pour in the boiling milk, stirring well.
- Add the perfume
- Pour into the ramekins and cook them in a hot double boiler.
- Cook between 20 and 25mn (as soon as the top starts to take color).
1 - You can use a porcelain dish to cook your eggs with milk (it makes more dessert in family around the table).
2 - Make sure that the dish of the bain-marie is big enough to hold your porcelain dish.