The recipe of our childhood
This is the recipe that our mom used to make for us when we were little (and that has been passed from house to house and that we continue to make for our children). It is the evening dessert to be done quickly when the refrigerator shelves are empty! This recipe is ideal to make with the family, even with toddlers.
INGREDIENTS (for 6 to 8 small pots or ramekins)
- 1/2 l milk
- 3 eggs
- 75 gr of sugar
- flavor: 1 teaspoon of liquid vanilla or 1 packet of vanilla sugar
- Preheat the oven (th. 6 or 180°). And place a large dish filled with water in the oven to hold the ramekins (to bring the water in the water bath up to temperature)
- Boil milk with sugar
- In a bowl, beat whole eggs
- Pour in the boiling milk little by little, stirring well
- Add the perfume
- Pour into the ramekins and cook them in a hot double boiler.
- Cook between 20 and 25mn (as soon as the top begins to turn color).
1 - You can use a porcelain dish to cook your eggs in milk (it makes more dessert in family around the table).
2 - Make sure the dish in the water bath is large enough to hold your porcelain dish