Thanks to Fabienne (who cooks marvellously well) for this recipe as pretty as it is delicious. Perfect for dinner, hot with a salad or cold for a summer lunch.
INGREDIENTS (for 6 to 8 people):
- 2 puff pastes
- 4 orange carrots, 4 black carrots, 4 yellow carrots
- 1 tablespoon cumin
- 20cl of liquid cream
- 5 eggs
- 100 g butter
- 150 g grated county
- salt, pepper
- Preheat the oven to 180°. (th. 6)
- Keep an egg yolk for gilding.
- Peel the carrots and the stick from 5mm to 1cm.
- Cook the carrots about 20mn steaming (cooking the black carrots separately, they do not colour the others)
- Beat the eggs (including the egg white) with the liquid cream. Add one tablespoon cumin. Salt and pepper.
- In a buttered (about 20cm) buttered pan, place 1 pastry by making it slightly overflow
- Put a layer of carrot (half) then a county layer (half) and start again the operation
- Pour the preparation (egg + cream) on carrots
- Brush the edge of the dough with the egg yolk. Close with the 2nd dough and weld them together. Grid the top of the dough with the tip of a knife.
- Go to for about 45 minutes
1 - You can add chopped onions
2 - If you can't find yellow or black carrots, orange carrots will do very well.
3 - You can replace the Comté with another grated cheese.