Thanks to Fabienne (who cooks wonderfully well) for this recipe that is as pretty as it is delicious. Perfect for dinner, hot with a salad or cold for a summer lunch.
INGREDIENTS (for 6 to 8 people):
- 2 puff pastries
- 4 orange carrots, 4 black carrots, 4 yellow carrots
- 1 tbsp. cumin
- 20cl of liquid cream
- 5 eggs
- 100 g butter
- 150 g grated comté cheese
- salt, pepper
- Preheat the oven to 180°. (th. 6)
- Keep one egg yolk for gilding
- Peel the carrots and the cut into sticks from 5mm to 1cm.
- Cook the carrots about 20 minutes in the steam (cooking the black carrots separately so that they do not color the others)
- Beat the eggs (including egg white) with liquid cream. Add one tablespoon of cumin. Salt and pepper.
- In a buttered springform pan (about 20cm), place 1 dough by making it slightly overflowing
- Put a layer of carrot (half) then a layer of county (half) and start again the operation
- Pour the mixture (egg + cream) on the carrots
- Brush the edge of the dough with the egg yolk. Close with the 2nd dough and weld them together. Score the top of the dough with the tip of a knife
- Go to for about 45 minutes
1 - You can add chopped onions
2 - If you can't find yellow or black carrots, orange carrots will do just fine
3 - You can replace the comté cheese by another grated cheese