What to see, what to do for five days in Paris with 7-12 years? Our itinerary offers a gentle mix between activities for children and visits or walks for parents to enjoy Paris with your family. In the program, the unavoidable of course, but also suggestions forexhibitions, from museumsof fun activities, of unusual walks, so that the whole family is happy. Remember to book your tickets in advance if possible to avoid the queue, especially in museums and monuments. For those who have already come and who are looking for other ideasTake a look at our " Paris with 7/12 years old "
- Day 1 Eiffel Tower, Trocadero, Aquarium, Cruise on the Seine, Champs-Elysées, Museum (Orsay or Orangery), Montmartre
- Day 2 Château de Versailles, Latin Quarter
- Day 3 : Notre-dame, Pompidou Center, Jardin des Plantes, night bus tour
- Day 4 Louvre and Tuileries, la Villette and the Cité des Sciences, Canal Saint-Martin
- Day 5 : Disneyland
- Practical information
DAY 1: Eiffel Tower, Trocadero, Aquarium, Cruise on the Seine, Champs-Elysées, Museum (Orsay or Orangerie), Montmartre
Day 1 : Eiffel Tower > Aquarium > Cruise on the Seine > Champs-Elysées > Museum > Montmartre
The Eiffel Tower: a must!
- Go up to the 2nd floor or at the top (accessible by elevator): reserve as soon as possible
- Playful : in summer, a carousel and small games are installed on the 1st floor of the Eiffel Tower
- Free : for children under 4 years old
- Champ de Mars Games, carousel, horn and snack break
- Trocadero After visiting the Eiffel Tower, go for a walk on the Trocadero esplanade (the view on the Champs-de-Mars is splendid)
Day 1 Eiffel Tower > Aquarium > Cruise on the Seine > Champs-Elysées > Museum > Montmartre
Aqua Ciné Aquarium
- It is the most beautiful aquarium of Paris : 43 pools, a giant aquarium full of sharks, a shark tunnel, 3 nursery aquariums, a fascinating medusaarium and a pool for caressing carp and goldfish
- Convenient: located near the Trocadero (between the Eiffel Tower and the Champs-Elysées)
- Good plan : Discounted rates all year round
- Free : for children under 3 years old
- Good to know : there is a restaurant for those who want to have a lunch break
Day 1 Tour-Eiffel > Aquarium > Cruise on the Seine > Champs-Elysées > Museum > Montmartre
A cruise on the Seine
A magical outing to admire Paris and its monuments
- Cruise with the open-excursion boat (departure from the Alma bridge - Paris 8e - right bank) - Reduced price from 2 tickets purchased
- Cruise with the Bateaux Parisiens and optional booklet "les incollables for children (departure at the foot of the Eiffel Tower - Paris 7e - left bank)
- Special family cruise of the Vedettes de Paris (departure at the foot of the Eiffel Tower - Paris 7e - left bank)
- And also, with a higher budget:
- Lunch cruise (or dinner) with the Bateaux Parisiens
- Private cruise (up to 12 people) : so chic and so nice
- All cruises (except the private cruise) are free for children under 4 years old
Day 1 Tour-Eiffel > Aquarium > Cruise on the Seine > Champs Elysees > Museum > Montmartre
Stroll on the Champs-Elysées
- Stroll : go down quietly the Champs-Elysées from the Arc de Triomphe to the Concorde
- Shopping : luxury boutiques, big retailers like Zara, the Disney Store buot, Abercrombie, Nike, Addidas ... And for the big and small football fan, the PSG Official Store !
- Exciting for childrens: the Palace of Discoveryan extraordinary science museum (currently closed for renovation)
- Tourist and very nice : the view from the Arc de Triomphe (free for children under 18)
- greed : the Ladurée tea room, for lunch, to taste or to buy a macaroon
- Lunch buy a sandwich and have a picnic in the Tuileries garden if the weather is good
- Take a 1h30 Tuk-tuk tour (departure place de la Concorde): children (and you too!) will love it
2 cool ideas with kids at the Concorde
1- THE TOUR OF PARIS BY TUK-TUK : A Tuk-tuk ride (departure place de la Concorde): children (and you too!) will love it. Duration 1h30
2- THE GUIDED TOUR AROUND RAMSES II IN PARIS (from 10 years old), to discover the traces of ancient Egypt from the Place de la Concorde to the Tuileries garden. Duration 1h30
Day 1 Eiffel Tower > Aquarium Cruise on the Seine > Champs-Elysées > Museum > Montmartre
Want a museum near the Concorde?
- The Orangery Museum This small museum exhibits a superb collection of impressionists and Monet's Water Lilies. It is in our opinion ideal with children to make them discover the impressionists
- The Orsay museumone of the most beautiful collections of impressionist paintings in the world (right bank side)
A fun idea with children at the Musée d'Orsay
1- ORSAY'S MASTERPIECES EXPLAINED TO CHILDREN (from 8 years old): The guided tour for children . Duration 1h30
Day 1 Eiffel Tower > Aquarium Cruise on the Seine > Champs-Elysées > Museum > Montmartre
An evening in Montmartre
- It is a very nice neighborhood and very lively
- Tip: take the Montmartrobus where the funiculare to go up to the Sacred Heart
- The view of Paris is to die for
- Nice: to get a portrait Place du Tertre
- There are a lot of small restaurants and terraces when the weather is nice
- Sweet break : we recommend " Small mitrons "for its sweet pies to fall and Scaramouche for its artisanal ice creams with original fragrances
- Fun idea with the little ones: take a little tour with the Petit train de Montmartre
7 fun ideas with kids in Montmartre
1- THE LITTLE TRAIN OF MONTMARTRE : the commented tour of the neighborhood. Duration: 40 minutes
2- THE MONTMARTRE SHOW VISIT WITH ACTORS (from 6 years old) : The Eternal Spirit of Montmartre. Duration 1h30 - Free for children under 8 years old
4- THE PLAYFUL VISIT OF MONTMARTRE (from 6 years old): Tell me about Montmartre. Duration 1h30
5- STREET ART TOUR OF MONTMARTRE (from 8 years old) : When Street Art tells the story of Montmartre... . Duration 1h30
6- THE MONTMARTRE TREASURE HUNT (from 10 years old) : 2 hours to discover the secret of Montmartre. Duration 2 hours
DAY 2: A day in Versailles and an evening in the Latin Quarter
Day 2 : Versailles > Latin Quarter and Pantheon
The Palace of Versailles and its park
- During a stay of several days in Paris, the visit of the Palace of Versailles is a must
- It is the opportunity to discover the splendor of the Sun King. Grandiose!
- The ideal is to go to Versailles on a day with good weather
- On the program: walk in the park, visit of the castle, picnic on the lawns, boat trip, visit of Marie Antoinette's domain, Trianon castles...
- Allow at least half a day
- Please note that the park and gardens are not free on certain days
8 fun ideas with children in Versailles
1- STORYTELLING VISIT IN THE PARK WITH AN ACTOR (from 6 years old) : the guided tour "the great hours of Versailles". in the gardens on the occasion of the Grandes Eaux Musicales. Duration 1h30
2- GUIDED TOUR OF THE CASTLE FOR KIDS (from 7 years old) : If Versailles were told to me - Fun family tour. Duration 1h30
3- TREASURE HUNT IN THE PARK OF THE CASTLE OR IN THE CITY OF VERSAILLES (from 10 years old): 2 hours to save the King. Duration 2 hours
4- THE GUIDED TOUR ON THE FRENCH REVOLUTION ( from 10 years old) Revolution Tour. Duration 2 hours
5- ENIGMA WALK IN VERSAILLES (from 7 years old): an enigma game in the Château de Versailles area in complete autonomy (without a guide). Duration 1h30 to 2h
6- THE GREAT MUSICAL WATERS Every weekend from April to October
7- THE GREAT NIGHT WATERS Every Saturday from June to September (8:30 to 11:00 pm).
8- THE KING'S JOURNEY THROUGH THE HALL OF MIRRORS in December
Day 2 : Versailles > Latin Quarter
The Latin Quarter and the Pantheon
- ride : in the district of Saint-Michel, in the Latin Quarter
- Browse : in the oldest streets of Paris,
- Culture : If you have time, make a detour to the pantheon, a place steeped in history, a superb view of all Paris from the dome (depending on the season).
- Having dinner In the Contrescarpe district, there are a lot of nice little restaurants
3 fun ideas with kids in the Latin Quarter
1- UNUSUAL GUIDED TOUR WITH ACTORS (from 10-12 years old) : Mysteries in the Latin Quarter . Duration 1h30
2- AN OUTDOOR FAMILY ESCAPE GAME (from 12 years old) : the escape game "The mysteries of the Latin Quarter"Duration 1h30
3- GUIDED TOUR FOR THE CHILDREN OF THE PANTHEON (from 9 years old): When I grow up, I'll be a Hall of Famer. Duration 1h30
DAY 3: Ile de la Cité, Centre Pompidou, Jardin des Plantes, night tour by bus
Day 3 : Island of the City > Centre Pompidou > Jardin des Plantes > Night tour by panoramic bus
Sainte Chapelle and Ile-Saint-Louis
- Before the fire of Notre-Dame, we told you not to miss the visit of Notre-Dame ...
- Before you can return, we suggest you start your walk on the island of Saint-Louis by the visit of the Holy Chapel. If you are lucky enough to be there on a sunny day, it is simply magnificent!
- Stroll on the banks of the Seine and lose on Île-de-la-Cité and on the island-saint-Louis
- Gluttony: crack for an ice cream at Bertillon, a mythical address in Paris
- Ideal to discover the Ile de la Cité with 8-13 years old : Milirue, the fun and intelligent exploration notebooks
3 cool ideas with kids on the Ile de la Cité and the Ile Saint-Louis
1- GUIDED TOUR OF THE MYSTERIOUS AND FANTASTIC PARIS (from 8 years old) : Paris in the time of the alchemists and the Templars. Duration 1h30
2- AN ENIGMA WALK (from 8/10 years old) : "Treasure hunt in the Ile de la Cité, around Notre-Dame". . Duration 2h30 to 3h
3- TREASURE HUNT ON THE ISLAND OF SAINT-LOUIS (from 10 years old): The last secret of Arsène Lupin. Duration 2 hours
Day 3 Ile de la Cité > Centre Pompidou > Jardin des Plantes > Night tour by panoramic bus
The Centre Pompidou
- The Centre Pompidou opens at 11am.
- There is a very nice collection of modern and contemporary art
- The bookstore for children it's great
- There is a breathtaking view of the rooftops of Paris from the 5th floor. Do not miss it
5 fun ideas with kids at the Pompidou Center and in the Marais
1- SPECIAL FAMILY GUIDED TOUR OF THE CENTER POMPIDOU'S COLLECTIONS (from 7 years old). This is a private visit. Ask for a quote or information: contact us. Duration 1h30
2- STREET ART VISIT OF THE MARSH (from 8 years old) : When Street Art tells the story of The Marsh.... Duration 1h30
3- VISIT OF THE MARSH WITH COMEDIANS (from 8 years old): The magic of the Marais. Duration 1h30
4- THE OUTDOOR ESCAPE GAME IN THE MARSH (from 10 years old): the secrets of the Marais. Duration 1h15
5- WALK ON THE QUAYS OF THE SEINE IN HOVERBOARD (from 8 years old): the hoverboard ridedeparture and return from Les Halles. Duration 1h30
Day 3 Ile de la Cité > Centre Pompidou > Paris Garden of plants > Night tour by panoramic bus
- One can easily spend a whole afternoon at the Garden of plants. It is a place very nice with children
- The Great Gallery of Evolution, one of our favorite places, a magical place
- The menagerie of the Jardin des Plantes : a zoo on a human scale that will delight the little ones
- The large tropical greenhouses (for the parents)
- At tea time : change of scenery guaranteed, right next to the Jardin des Plantes, cafe of the Great Mosque of Paris to drink a mint tea and eat oriental pastries
Day 3 Ile de la Cité > Centre Pompidou > Jardin des Plantes > Panoramic bus
A tour of Paris by night bus:
the children will take the opportunity to rest!
- Discover, on board a scenic bus, Paris at night and its illuminations.
- Admire the magic of Paris at night : its illuminated monuments, illuminated bridges ...
- The course : the Place de l'Opéra, the department stores, the Champs-Elysées, the Eiffel Tower, the Louvre Museum, the Notre-Dame cathedral, Saint-Germain des-Prés ...
- Duration of the tour : 1h 30
- Ideal in winter with children : the bus leaves at 18:15
- Ideal in winter with children The bus leaves at 6:15.
- Departure at 9pm in April, September and October
- Departure at 10 pm from May to August
- A very pleasant and relaxing way to discover Paris
DAY 4: Louvre and Tuileries, La Villette and the City of Sciences, Canal Saint-Martin
Day 4 : Louvre > La Villette > Canal Saint-Martin
The Louvre and the Tuileries Gardens
- 1h15 max of visit to the Louvre (a bit short for adults but very good for kids)
- Then take a look at Tuileries garden (funfair in summer) - rides, ponies, catering in the garden ...
- Push the ride until garden of the Royal Palace (and his Buren columns)
- Gourmet break : a hot chocolate at Angelina
- Ideal for discovering the Louvre-Tuileries district with 8-13 year olds : Milirue, the fun and intelligent exploration notebooks
4 fun ideas with kids at the Louvre and in the neighborhood
1- GUIDED TOUR OF THE LOUVRE FOR CHILDREN (from 6 years old): group or privatized visits. Around the masterpieces of the Louvre, Greek antiquities or Egyptian antiquities. Duration 1h30
2- ENIGMA WALK IN THE LOUVRE (from 7-8 years old): the playful visit based on riddlesin complete autonomy (without a guide). Duration 1h30 to 2h
4- VISIT TO THE ROYAL PALACE (from 9 years old) : The visit investigation in the company of a comedian. Duration 2 hours
Day 4 : Louvre > la Villette > Canal Saint-Martin
The Parc de la Villette and the Cité des Sciences et de l'Industrie
- There is something to do at La Villette: science in all forms within the reach of children. A fascinating universe adapted to the youngest ...
- Children's City at the Science City with thespace dedicated to 5-12 years old : games, activities and exciting discoveries in 6 spaces: Body, Communicate, Studio TV, Water games, Garden and Factory. Booking is recommended
- The Geode, (currently closed for renovation) an Imax cinema, or 3D Relief, which offers fascinating films on Space, the marine world, natural phenomena, the Arctic...
- The park of Villette : 26 follies (playful constructions that dotted the parks and royal gardens) contemporary
- Exhibitions specially designed for young people at the Cité des Sciences and cool exhibitions also in the Grande Halle de la Villette
Day 4 Louvre > la Villette > the Saint-Martin Canal
An end of the day around the canal saint-Martin
- This district became very trendy
- Very lively at night to see a drink or eat a piece
- The ride along the canal is full of charm
- It's a neighborhood that we like a lot
DAY 5 : the day at Disneyland
Day 5 : Disneyland
The day at Disneyland
- It is the amusement park for young and old
- Difficult to spend 5 days in Paris with children without going to Disneyland Park
- It is open every day of the year without exception
- This day will give the whole family the smile and the fishing!
Tips and tricks before and during your stay in Paris...
- Find accommodation in the area of your choice
- Book your activities as soon as possible
A photo shoot to immortalize your stay in Paris...
- A super fun idea for family
- Private stroll in Paris with a professional photographer
- A suggested itinerary: the Louvre, Palais Royal, Pont des Arts, Tuileries garden... (all on foot)
- About 150 souvenir pictures taken throughout the session (sent within 48 hours by Wetransfer).
Ideas for lunch, dinner, snack, brunch ...
- There is a restaurant at the Aquarium of Paris for those who want to do their lunch break
- The restaurants of the World in the Carrousel du Louvre (on the mezzanine). are a practical solution for eating on the run. It's affordable and there is something for everyone
- To taste, the luxurious Angélina tea room (under the arcades of the rue de Rivoli), mythical address in Paris. Its hot chocolate is to die for and the beautiful setting!
Visit Paris while resting, on board a boat, a bus or a Tuktuk :
OUR IDEAS FOR FUN ACTIVITIES WITH 7-12 YEAR OLDS :
- CRUISE ON THE SEINE FOR CHILDREN : The Miraculous Cruise (the special cruise for 5-10 year olds) or The family cruise (ideal for 7 - 12 years old)
- PANORAMIC TOUR OF PARIS FOR CHILDREN : The kids tour (for ages 5 - 11)
- ESCAPE GAME : An outdoor escape game to discover a district of Paris (from 6 years old)
- hoverboard : The 1h30 hoverboard ride on the quays of the Seine (from 8 years old)
- TUK-TUK : The Tuk-tuk tour of Parisfrom 1h30 to 3h depending on the course (for all)
- BALLOON OF PARIS : The spectacular view of Paris from a hot air balloon (all)
- VISIT WITH ACTORS : show visit or survey visit with one or more actors of a district of Paris (from 6 years old)
- STREET ART : visits to discover the Street Art in Paris (from 8 years old)
- PARISIAN PARKS : fun and cultural visits to the garden of the Rodin museum (from 6 years old), around the Mythology at Tuileries garden (from 6 years old) or at Luxembourg garden (from 8 years old), and the survey visit to the Tuileries garden (from 6 years old)
- UNUSUAL TOURS : fun themed tours to discover Paris districts in a different way: Paris in cartoons (for 6-10 year olds), in the footsteps of Dilili (for ages 6-10), the Paris of the alchemists and templars (from 8 years old), the secrets of the Bastille (from 10 years old)
- TheENIGMA WALKS : puzzles to download to walk at your own pace in Paris and discover one of its districts while having fun (from 5 years old)
- MILIRUE EXPLORATION NOTEBOOKS : 2 discovery routes to be done on foot (For ages 8-13)
- CULTURE : The family guided tour in a museum (from 6 years old)
- CULTURE : The family guided tour of the Castle of Versailles, of the Saint-Denis basilica, of Pantheon (from 7 years old)
- FOR SOCCER FANS : the guided tour backstage at the Stade de France or the visit of the Parc des Princes (for all fans)
- SPECTACULAR : Paris in virtual reality at FlyView (from 1,20 m !)
- ANIMALS : the Great Gallery of Evolution, theAquarium of Paris,