What to see, what to do in Paris for three days with 7-12 years old? The purpose of this route is to enjoy Paris with your family for 3 days. The idea is to see the unavoidable, while mixing cultural outings, recreational activities and unusual walks in Paris so that the whole family is happy.
The Eiffel Tower: a must!
- Tickets for the 2nd floor or for the summit (accessible by elevator).
- Playful : in summer, a carousel and small games are installed on the 1st floor of the Eiffel Tower
- Free : for children under 4 years old
- Game book "Am Gus" : the course dedicated to 6/10 years (to recover on the 1st floor)
- Champ de Mars : Games, carousel and snack break
- Trocadero : atnear the visit of the Eiffel Tower, will you walk on the esplanade of Trocadéro (The view of the Champs-de-Mars is splendid)
Aqua Ciné Aquarium
- The aquarium of Paris Cineaqua is the most beautiful aquarium of Paris : 43 pools, a giant aquarium full of sharks, a shark tunnel, 3 nursery aquariums, a fascinating medusaarium and a pool for caressing carp and goldfish
- Convenient: ideally located between the Eiffel Tower and the Champs Elysees (near the Trocadero)
- Good plan : Discounted rates all year round and up to 32% discount on the HOLIDAY PASS
- Free : for children under 3 years old
- Good to know : there is a restaurant for those who want to have a lunch break
Paris from the Seine
- A 1h walk on the Seine from the Eiffel Tower or the Alma Bridge, to discover the most beautiful monuments of Paris from the boat
- Discounted tickets with the company of Bateaux-Mouches, Alma Bridge (Right Bank).
- Discounted tickets on the Cruise + Pizza formula from the Vedettes de Paris company, at the foot of the Eiffel Tower (left bank). An hour of cruising and a pizza meal to enjoy before or after the boat ride. Ideal for dining on the banks of the Seine, for a reasonable budget in a rather expensive neighborhood
- These two cruises are free for children under 4 years old
- Walk down the Champs-Elysées from the Arc de Triomphe to the Place de la Concorde
- To make shopping : luxury boutiques, big retailers like Zara, the Disney Store buot, Abercrombie, Nike, Addidas ... And for the big and small football fan, the PSG Official Store !
- Exciting for childrens: the Palace of Discovery, an extraordinary science museum
- Tourist and very nice : the view from the Arc de Triomphe (free for children under 18)
- greed : the Ladurée tea room, for lunch, to taste or to buy a macaroon
Want a museum?
- The Orangery Museum: beautiful museum "child size". Very beautiful Impressionist collection including Monet's Water Lilies
- The Orsay museum : our favorite museum in Paris (Rive-Droite side)
An evening in Montmartre
- It is a very nice neighborhood and very lively
- The view of Paris is to die for
- There are a lot of small restaurants and terraces when the weather is nice
- Sweet break : we recommend "Small mitrons"For his sweet pies to fall and Scaramouche for its artisanal ice creams with original fragrances
- Nice: to get a portrait Place du Tertre
- Idea with the little ones: before dinner, take a little tour with the Petit train de Montmartre.
- Idea if you are in Montmartre Sunday afternoon : the show with actors - ideal from 6 years old.
Notre-Dame of Paris and Ile-Saint-Louis
- Not to miss : the exterior, the interior and the absolutely magnificent view of Paris from the towers of Notre-Dame
- Stroll on the banks of the Seine and lose on Île-de-la-Cité and on the island-saint-Louis
- Gluttony: crack for an ice cream at Bertillon, a mythical address in Paris
Cool ideas around Notre-Dame
More specific ideas to visit Paris with 7-12 years:
- Electric scooter ride (from 10 years old, very playful)
- The guided and costumed tour of medieval Paris (1h30 of visit, ideal with 6 - 10 years)
The Centre Pompidou
- The Centre Pompidou opens at 11am. There is a very beautiful art exhibition of the 20th century.
- For children between 3 and 10 years old: the Children's Gallery, an exhibition space dedicated to young people (fun and interactive exhibitions-workshop)
- The bookstore for children it's great
- There is a breathtaking view of the rooftops of Paris from the 5th floor. Do not miss it
- It can be easily spent a whole afternoon. It's a very nice place with children
- The Great Gallery of Evolution, one of our favorite places, a magical place
- Children's Galleries (for 6/10 year olds) : to discover in a fun and educational way the biodiversity
- The Gallery of Comparative Anatomy and Paleontology : dinosaurs, fossils and skeletons
- The menagerie of the Jardin des Plantes : a zoo on a human scale that will delight children
- The large tropical greenhouses (for parents)
- At tea time : change of scenery guaranteed, right next to the Jardin des Plantes, cafe of the Great Mosque of Paris to drink a mint tea and eat oriental pastries
A tour of Paris by night bus: children will take the opportunity to rest!
- Discover, on board a scenic bus, Paris at night and its illuminations.
- Admire the magic of Paris at night : its illuminated monuments, illuminated bridges ...
- The course : the Place de l'Opéra, the department stores, the Champs-Elysées, the Eiffel Tower, the Louvre Museum, the Notre-Dame cathedral, Saint-Germain des-Prés ...
- Duration of the tour : 1h 30
- Ideal in winter with children : the bus leaves at 18:15
- A very pleasant and relaxing time to discover Paris
The Louvre and the Tuileries Garden
- The ideal is to go to the Louvre Museum in the morning, when everyone is in shape!
- 1h15 max visit to the Louvre (a bit short for adults but very good for kids)
- Do not miss the Department of Egyptology, kids love it!
- Then take a look at Tuileries garden (carnival in summer)
- Lawns, playground ...
- Push the ride until garden of the Royal Palace (and his Buren columns)
- Take a hot chocolate at Angelina's place
Ideas of visits surveys or top shows with 7/12 years:
At the Villette, the Cité des Sciences, the Géode, the Park
- There is something to do at La Villette: science in all forms within the reach of children. A fascinating universe adapted to the youngest ...
- Children's City at the Science City with thespace dedicated to 5-12 years old : games, activities and exciting discoveries in 6 spaces: Body, Communicate, Studio TV, Water games, Garden and Factory. Booking is recommended
- The Geode, an Imax cinema, or 3D Relief that offers fascinating films about Space, the marine world, natural phenomena, the Arctic ...
- The park of Villette : 26 follies (playful constructions that dotted the parks and royal gardens) contemporary
- Exhibitions specially designed for young people at the Cité des Sciences. .
An end of the day around the canal saint-Martin
- This district became very trendy
- Very lively at night to see a drink or eat a piece
- The ride along the canal is full of charm
- It's a neighborhood that we like a lot
Ideas for lunch, dinner, snack, brunch ...
- There is a restaurant at the Aquarium of Paris for those who want to do their lunch break
- The restaurants of the World in the Carrousel du Louvre (on the mezzanine). are a practical solution for eating on the run. It's affordable and there is something for everyone
- To taste, the luxurious Angélina tea room (under the arcades of the rue de Rivoli), mythical address in Paris. Its hot chocolate is to die for and the beautiful setting!