In the 18th district
The Basilica of the Sacred HeartWith its Romanesque-Byzantine style is located at 130m altitude and dominates all Paris. It is one of the symbols of Paris. Its ceiling shelters the largest mosaic of France (480 m² of surface). The view on all Paris since the basilica is absolutely magnificent. This is one of the most beautiful views of Paris. Access is free for all. The Place du Tertre is the historical and touristic heart of Montmartre. It is where the painters and caricaturists are. The Montmartre Museumthe gardens of Renoir and the view of the vineyards of Montmartre. For shopping, it is rue des Abbesses that it happens. Most stores are open on Sundays. The Montmartrobus will take you around the hill in 40 minutes through its most picturesque streets, including Sacré-Cœur. It connects Pigalle to the City Hall of the 18th arrondissement of Paris by serving the Place des Abbesses and the Place du Tertre (normal RATP fare). Montmartre is also The Wall of I love you".
Our favorites in Montmartre
AN OUTDOOR ESCAPE GAME FOR ADULTS: "The Mysteries of Montmartre." (teens and adults)
AN OUTDOOR ESCAPE GAME FOR CHILDREN: "The Mysteries of Montmartre." (6/9 years old)
A GUIDED TOUR : "When Street Art tells the story of Montmartre" (from 8 years old)
A STORYTELLING VISIT WITH ACTORS: "The eternal spirit of Montmartre (from 6 years old)
BIRTHDAY: "The mystery of the Passe-Muraille" (ages 7 to 11)
AN ENIGMA WALK : "The enigm walk of Montmartre"(from 5 years old)
Our ideas for outings and activities in Montmartre
Duration 1h30 - Course 2 km
The Escape Game "Les Mystères de Montmartre" (children's trail)
Duration 1h30 - Course 2 km
The Escape Game "Les Mystères de Montmartre" (teenagers/adults)
In the 18th
Enigma Walk - "Treasure hunt in Montmartre, around the Sacré-Coeur".
In the Montmartre district (18th)
Dalí Paris, a museum dedicated to Salvador Dalí
In the 18th (in Montmartre) and 10th (at the Canal Saint-Martin)
Fric-Frac, the croque-monsieur Canaille (a French toast)
Montmartre with children
- Children will be able to do a ride in the carousel Place du Tertre. The carousel, Venetian style has the charm of the old with its carriages and wooden horses. It dates from the 18th century
- Take a tour with “the little train of Montmartre“. Guided tour of about 35 mn. Nocturne until midnight in July and August. Children love it!
- Take the funicular, a glass subway climbing up the Butte. This should please the youngest! It will drop you off on rue du Cardinal-Dubois, from where, with your back to the Sacré-Coeur, you can contemplate the whole of Paris.
Nice addresses in Montmartre
- Enjoy an excellent ice cream in Scaramouche
- Snack a hot chocolate and a pastry from CarettePlace du Tertre
- Eat a sweet and savory pie from the little Mitrons. We love it ! It's a little bit lower on the hill, at the level of the rue des Abbesses
- At the Halle Saint-Pierre (atypical place at the same time art gallery, museum, bookshop, place of conference, concerts, spectacles) has a sympathetic corner coffee and sufficiently roomy to go there with a baby carriage