The domain of Vaux-le-Vicomte
- Did you know that this magnificent baroque masterpiece inspired the Palace of Versailles!
- We like everything at the Domaine de Vaux-le-Vicomte! The visit of the castle with among others the King's apartments or the Grand Salon, the sumptuous French gardens designed by Le Nôtre, the museum of the crews...
- It is a place where it is good to walk with the family and where children are particularly pampered
- Activities and events are organized throughout the year at Easter, Christmas and during school vacations (not included in the entrance fee)
- You can rent little costumes for the children during the visit of the castle
The immersive sound trail (included in the entrance ticket)
It is a spatialized sound journey to discover the fascinating story of Fouquet and the great characters who have marked the history of Vaux-le-Vicomte. You are equipped with a helmet with a binaural sound or 3D (a sound quality absolutely bluffing). Mini-sensors detect your presence in each room and the story is told to you on a journey (between 30mn and 1h30, depending on your movements from room to room). A feat of technology!
- The sound trail is included in the price of the entrance ticket.
- The adult tour: "The Fouquet Affair" will plunge you into the heart of the great hours of the Château de Vaux-le-Vicomte. You will relive the intrigues between Nicolas Fouquet, Louis XIV, Le Nôtre, Vatel... This audio tour is offered in French, English, German
- The young people's tour: "The fabulous story of Vaux" (written by the writer and playwright Timothée de Fombelle). Through a beautiful tale, children will discover the castle accompanied by the characters of Jean de La Fontaine, Fouquet's friend, and Panache, a squirrel (emblem of Fouquet) flying, the (imaginary) genius of the domain ... This sound path is proposed in French and in English
These immersive sound tracks have been recorded by actors, in period costumes and in the castle. We hear the crackling of the chimney fire, the creakings of the floor and the wrinkling of fabrics ... A remarkable theatrical staging. These two courses can be done simultaneously and at the same pace. This sound path does not replace audio guides (also included in the price of the ticket).
Vaux-le-Vicomte with children
- Visit the castles in period costume : you can rent vintage costumes for children (from 2 to 14 years old) and adults. Rental price: 4 € for children and 6 € adults.
- The puzzle book (one for 6-9 year olds and another for 9-12 year olds) runway games offered at the entrance with the entrance ticket. They transform the visit of the castle and gardens into an investigation of life in the seventeenth century.
- The other games of the Fountain to enjoy the Park: The Hare and Tortoise, the Oak and the Bike, the Morale Perdue: more info on the other games of la Fontaine
Vaux-le-Vicomte in family
- Rental of electric carts (20 € 45 minutes): very nice and very convenient to visit and move in the park and join the statue of Hercules (at the bottom of the park). Guaranteed success with kids and teens!
- The Styx, the river of the underworld (duration approximately 1h30): this is a course, fun and interactive in the underground river, diverted by Le Nôtre in 1654. Feet in the water, equipped with waders boots and headlampYou will have to overcome a series of tests of agility and logic in the company of a professional actor, around the text of Jean de la Fontaine " Les amours de Psyché et Cupidon ". For families (from 8 years old and minimum 1m30). Price: 60€ per game for 2 to 6 players. Reservation highly recommended .
Major annual events
- THE EASTER HOLIDAY TRACKING GAME : children will discover the life of the squirrel, emblem of Nicolas Fouquet
- EASTER WEEKEND EGG HUNT: April 3, 4 and 5, 2021. More than 85,000 hidden eggs in the groves of the garden, Egg hunts for children every half hour and 5 adult egg hunts per day (without reservation). And also creative and gourmet workshops for children, including: engraving, make-up, chocolate-themed activities, etc. (registration on the spot)
- THE NIGHTS AT THE CANDLES : every Saturday evening from June 5 to October 2, 2021. Vaux-le-Vicomte is famous for its candlelight tours and dinners. Every Saturday evening, from June to the beginning of October, the castle of Vaux-le-Vicomte and the 33 hectares of gardens designed by Le Nôtre are lit by candles.
The show is magical with more than 2,000 candles flickering throughout the estate (park and castle).
- THE GREAT CENTURY DAY : May 29, 2021. Visit of the castle and the park in period costume. Competitions of elegance, exchanges of advice for the realization of costumes and lunches on the grass are on the program of this day placed under the sign of the aesthetics and the pleasure.
- CHRISTMAS AT THE CASTLE: the enchantment settles in Vaux-le-Vicomte at Christmas. A show every day, dreamy decorations, a magnificent tree set up in the Grand Salon and hundreds of candles.