One of our favorite addresses in Paris
The Jardin des Plantes is a French garden of 2.5 hectares that was created more than 4 centuries ago! It is a real green setting in the heart of Paris ! An ideal place for a family outing, on Wednesdays, weekends, during the vacations? The Jardin des Plantes is above all : the Great Gallery of Evolution, the Menagerie, lhe Gallery of Paleontology and Comparative Anatomy, the Great Greenhouses, Children's Gallery? and the French garden for a walk with the children. For lunch, the restaurant "Les Belles Plantes" is very pleasant. It is located in the Jardin des Plantes and has a nice terrace when the weather is nice.
The Great Gallery of Evolution
- 350 mammals, 450 birds, 360 fish and about 100 reptiles and amphibians
- A room dedicated to extinct or endangered species
- Rare and impressive pieces
- A game of sound and light
- Free for children under 18
The Menagerie of the Jardin des Plantes
- 200 mammals, 300 birds, 200 turtles, crocodiles, lizards and snakes, 200 amphibians and 300 insects, crustaceans and spiders.
- 200 amphibians and 300 insects, crustaceans and spiders.
- it is a renowned research center concerned with the preservation of species
- Free for children under 3 years
THE CHILDREN'S GALLERY
- A space for 6-12 year olds dedicated to biodiversity
- At the Museum of Natural History
- A museum dedicated to science and more particularly to biodiversity
- Designed for children, with naturalized animals and interactive games