On the Place du Châtelet: 4 weekends and 1 big wake
from september 9 to october 15, 2023
- WE love : a spellbinding moment where the arts blend together
- Age for all
- Where Place du Châtelet and Espace Cardin (Paris 8)e)
- What 4 free weekends and a grand wake
- When September 9 to October 15
- Rate Free for all
When the Place du Châtelet becomes the Place des Théâtres !
- With the "Festival de la Place", Paris celebrates the end of the renovation of the Théâtre de la Ville-Sarah Bernardt, after 6 years of work.
- 4 free weekends and a grand wake from September 9 to October 15, the Place du Châtelet becomes the Place des Théâtres and the venue for free shows for all
- On this occasion, in a joyful and artistic effervescence, new spaces are opened for audiences and artists to cross paths and share new experiences outside the traditional theater setting.
The "Festival de La Place" program:
- September 9 and 10 - Faites la place! Place du Châtelet reinvents itself".
Théâtre de la Ville invites choreographers Hofesh Shechter for an outdoor version, Saïdo Lehlou with 100 dancers and Ambra Senatore for a choreographic stroll.
A hip-hop battle and DJs will keep the crowd spellbound as night falls.
- September 15 - 17 - "La place en mouvement" to celebrate the Théâtre de la Ville's new age“
Ecology will be at the heart of a meeting between artists who will think Paris together, from the Sablons to the Place du Châtelet, via the Espace Cardin.
- 18 – 24 September - "Place à l'Afrique sur la place"at Théâtre du Châtelet and Espace Cardin
Shows, debates, meetings, literature, DJs: artists from Congo, Ivory Coast, Senegal, South Africa and Chad.
- October 1 - 15- "Place à la jeunesse" : pro hip hop
The Théâtre de la Ville-Sarah Bernhardt will be opening its doors to children, schools and families on Wednesday October 4 and Thursday October 5. A free event for everyone up to the age of 14.
At the Théâtre du Châtelet, the Battle Pro world final
- 7 – 8 October - La Grande veillée du théâtre de la Ville -Sarah Bernhardt
From Saturday, October 7, 6pm to Sunday, October 8, 6pm, The new Théâtre de la Ville-Sarah Bernhardt will be open to the public for 24 hours. More than 100 artists will take turns in this reunion evening.