July 8 to August 27, 2023
This year Paris Plages celebrates its 21st edition! Paris Plages is deckchairs and palm trees in the heart of Paris, along the Rives de Seine Park with a variety of activities every day for children and adults alike... It's ideal when the weather is beautiful in Paris ! Paris Plages is an artificial beach in Paris, a true nautical base and swimming areas at the Bassin de la Villette and in other places too with ephemeral pools. Finally, a new feature of Paris Plage 2023: the installation of a new space dedicated to sports as part of the Olympic Games Paris 2024 in Trocadero gardenwith entertainment and board games
Beach, relaxation and sports on the banks of the Seine, at La Villette and in the gardens of the Trocadero... Paris Plages, a good idea when you ask yourself what to do in Paris this weekend and more it's free !
Paris Plage 2023 festivities
- Paris Plage offers free cultural and sporting activities for all, including exhibitions, sports classes, a toy library and giant games, an outdoor library and activities for children.
- Paris Plage offers more cool, shaded areas with more palm trees, mulberry trees and new misting areas.
- Paris Plage welcomes you to the Parc des Rives de Seine (deckchairs, walks, picnics...) and to La Villette for swimming, as well as in the Trocadero gardens.
- Four swimming pools at La Villette
- New for 2023 a real nautical base at La Villette with plenty of sports to try and a new space dedicated to OLYMPIC GAMES 2024 in the Trocadero gardens
Paris Plage, on the banks of the Seine (right bank and left bank - Parc Rives de Seine)
- Paris Beach Right Bank extends from Pont des Arts (Paris 5th) to Pont de Sully (Paris 5th)with exceptional views, especially of the Louvre where the Orsay Museum to the island Saint-Louis.
- Paris Beaches is hundreds of sunbeds, parasols, palm trees, misters ... a seaside atmosphere ...
- It is also playgrounds and relaxation areas (mini golf, pétanque, beach volleyball... but also giant games and table soccer)
- Various animations.
- Stroll along the quays, enjoy the coolness of one of the many lawns, have a drink on a wooden terrace or discover an open-air exhibition.
- Or relax with a good book or comic borrowed on site at one of our off-site libraries.
- The beach is open every day from 10 am to 6:30 pm
Paris Plage at the Bassin de la Villette
- The basin of Villette, is located quai de Loire (metro Jaurès, Stalingrad or Laumière)
- The basin of La Villette transforms during the summer into real free nautical base, with swimming areas and water sports: canoeing, kayak polo, stand-up paddle, pedalos, pedal bikes, small boats (for the little ones) and Hawaiian pirogues !…
- But there are also Break Dance all Sundays from 10 a.m. to 12 p.m.
- But also activities and entertainment for ages 3-7 with the Ludo Plagesas well as climbing areas and trampolines!
- Paris Beach at the Bassin de la Villette is 4 pools of over 1600m² in various depths with notably 2 paddling pools (play pools) 0.4 m depth of 100 m² for accompanied children
- There are cabins, showers and sanitary facilities with free access, as well as changing rooms, lockers, deckchairs and parasols.
- Decent bathing attire is mandatory
- The bathing area is limited to 500 people per day, with lifeguard surveillance and daily water quality checks.
- For visitors in search of refreshmentsdon't panic refreshment stands and glaciers are on hand for everyone's enjoyment
- Warning, children under 10 must be accompanied
- The nautical zone is open free of charge every day, Monday to Friday from 10am to 10pm and Saturday and Sunday from 10am to midnight