The Canal Saint-Martin (which starts at about the same level as the Goncourt metro station) offers a nice walk, scooter or bike ride to the Bassin de la Villette.
The Villette basin (800m long and 70m wide), remarkably developed in recent years, attracts Parisians and tourists for its activities on the water (rental of small electric boats or the cruise on the Saint-Martin canal towards the Seine River towards the Musée d'Orsay), its cinema (the MK2 Quai de Seine), its bars, its restaurants or its boulodrome. It connects the Saint-Martin canal and the Ourcq canal.
Passing the Saint-Denis canal, you arrive at the urban park of La Villette, a huge complex consisting of a superb park (with playgrounds for children and large lawns), of the Geode, from City of Science and Industry or the Geode or the Zenith.
FAMILY NEWS FROM THE GIRLIE SIDE OF THE FAMILY
A LA CITÉ DES SCIENCES ET DE L'INDUSTRIE
NICE ACTIVITIES IN THE VILLETTE'S POOL AREA
- A park, water, animations, exhibitions...
- All year
- Family (with children and teenagers)
- A colourful and playful cinema
- Programming for 2 - 14 year olds
- A la Villette (Paris 19th)
TO EAT AROUND
- A FamilyFriendly restaurant (2 addresses in Paris)
- Every day (noon and evening)
- In the 18th (in Montmartre) and 10th (at the Canal Saint-Martin)