A classic of the Spanish Golden Age to discover
For all, from 11 years old
The fair of Madrid
- WE LOVE : a classic of 16th century Spanish literature to discover
- AGE : for all from 11 years old
- DATE : until April 30, 2023
- HOURS: Tuesday - Saturday: 7pm; Sunday: 4pm
- DURATION: 1h20
- LOCATION: Théâtre du Lucernaire (Paris 6e)
- A play by Lope de Vega (the greatest playwright of the Spanish Golden Age - 16th century) who inspired Molière to write The School for Women
- The pitch of "The Madrid Fair"In the Madrid of the 16th century, a group of young people stroll through the fair. They share their time between gallantry and petty theft. A couple stands out: Leandro and Violante. Their love at first sight leads them into a whirlwind of misunderstandings and intrigues...
- "Las Ferias de Madrid" was written in 1587 or 1588. It plunges us into the Madrid of the Renaissance. In France it has never been performed, and yet it clearly inspired Molière's "L'École des Femmesof which some scenes are almost transposed. It is amusing to see that Molière and then Marivaux drew heavily on Lope de Vega's plays, which made the French public familiar with his style and made it easy for us to understand his codes and comic devices.
- On stage, 7 actors and 1 pianist on a music of Manuel de Falla
- Felix Lope de Vega Carpio (1562-1635) is considered one of the major poets and playwrights of the Spanish Golden Age. Nicknamed by Miguel de Cervantes "the Phoenix, the monster of nature", he was an extremely prolific author: he would have written about 3000 sonnets, 9 epics, novels, 1800 secular plays, 400 religious dramas, numerous interludes...
- Free seating
- We advise you to arrive about 20 minutes before the start of the performance so that you can be seated at the place of your choice
- Very good show
Written by Anne Ziller, on 25-04-2023
The actors' performance, the staging and the costumes: everything was gathered for the pleasure of the spectators.
Ideas for outings with teenagers
BOOK ON LOVE: the most offbeat family experiences - Your photos will...
"Rendez-vous aux jardins" at the Hôtel de Matignon
RESERVATIONS REQUIRED This year, for the 20th edition of Rendez-vous aux jardins, the Hôtel de Matignon...
Invitations to win for the exhibition "Félins
🍀 Contest 🍀 On the occasion of the Celebration of Felines which will take place on...
Pop Corn Labyrinth
Tim Burton, the labyrinth
Ramses & the gold of the pharaohs
"ELLIOTT ERWITT - A Retrospective"
RESERVE For whom: all public When: until August 15, 2023 Where: at the Museum...
5 treasure hunts or games of investigation
About these trail games ⏱ Duration: about 2h🤓 Trail games...
"Basquiat 𝖷 Warhol, Four Hands."
RESERVE WHERE: at the Fondation Louis Vuitton (16th) AGE: for all, from...
Investigation game "The last secret of Arsène Lupin".
2 hours to discover the secret of Montmartre" treasure hunt
Investigation game "2 hours to discover the secret of the Treasure of France".
Price 35 euros per participant (adult or youth 14 years or older) Free for...
"We're going to make the casserole."
WE LIKE : Feydeau as we like it, funny and grating for this new creation...