WE LOVE : we love everything in Vaux-le-Vicomte! It is an extraordinary castle and park
TO DISCOVER : the new soundtrack for children and adults
FREE for children under 6
NEW: THE IMMERSIVE SOUNDING COURSE
It is a spatialized sound journey to discover the fascinating story of Fouquet and the great characters who have marked the history of Vaux-le-Vicomte. You are equipped with a helmet with a binaural sound or 3D (a sound quality absolutely bluffing). Mini-sensors detect your presence in each room and the story is told on a journey (between 30 minutes and 1:30, depending on your movements from room to room). A feat of technology!
- This sound path is included in the price of the entrance ticket.
- The adult course : it is "L'Affaire Fouquet" which will immerse you in the heart of the big hours of the castle of Vaux-le-Vicomte. You will relive the intrigues between Nicolas Fouquet, Louis XIV, Le Nôtre, Vatel ... This sound path is proposed in French, English, German
- The Youth Course : "The fabulous story of Vaux" (written by the writer and playwright Timothée de Fombelle). Through a beautiful story, the children will discover the castle accompanied by the characters of Jean de La Fontaine, Fouquet's friend, and Panache, a squirrel (emblem of Fouquet) flying, the (imaginary) genius of the domain ... This sound path is proposed in French and in English
These immersive sound tracks have been recorded by actors, in period costumes and in the castle. We hear the crackling of the chimney fire, the creakings of the floor and the wrinkling of fabrics ... A remarkable theatrical staging. These two courses can be done simultaneously and at the same pace. This sound path does not replace audio guides (also included in the price of the ticket).
VAUX-LE-VICOMTE WITH CHILDREN
- Visit the castles in period costume : you can rent vintage costumes for children (from 2 to 14 years old) and adults. Rental price: 4 € for children and 6 € adults.
- The puzzle book (one for 6-9 year olds and another for 9-12 year olds) runway games offered at the entrance with the entrance ticket. They turn the visit of the castle and gardens into an investigation of life in the seventeenth century.
- The other games of the Fountain to enjoy the Park: The Hare and Tortoise, the Oak and the Bike, the Morale Perdue: more info on the other games of la Fontaine
VAUX-LE-VICOMTE IN FAMILY
- Rental of electric carts (20 € 45 minutes): very nice and very convenient to visit and move in the park and join the statue of Hercules (at the bottom of the park). Guaranteed success with kids and teens!
- The Styx, the river of the underworld (duration approximately 1h30): this is a course, fun and interactive in the underground river, diverted by Le Nôtre in 1654. Feet in the water, equipped with waders boots and headlampYou will have to overcome a series of tests of agility and logic in the company of a professional actor, around the text of Jean de la Fontaine "The loves of Psyche and Cupid". In family (from 8 years and minimum 1m30). Price: 60 € the part for 2 to 6 players. Reservation highly recommended .
GREAT ANNUAL EVENTS
- THE TRACK GAME DURING EASTER HOLIDAYS ,: the children will go to discover the life of the squirrel, emblem of Nicolas Fouquet
- EASTER WEEKEND: EGG HUNTING the Easter weekend. More than 85,000 hidden eggs in the groves of the garden, Egg hunts for children every half hour and 5 adult egg hunts per day (without reservation). And also creative and gourmet workshops for children, including: engraving, make-up, chocolate-themed activities, etc. (registration on the spot)
- Every Saturday evening from May 4th to October 5th: THE NIGHTS AT THE CANDLES : Vaux le Vicomte is famous for his visits and dinner by candlelight
- SUNDAY JUNE 2: THE GREAT CENTURY DAY : visit in period costume of the Castle. Concours d'élégance, exchange of advice for the realization of costumes and lunches on the grass are on the agenda of this day placed under the sign of aesthetics and pleasure.
- CHRISTMAS AT CHÂTEAU : the fairy settled in Vaux-le-Vicomte at Christmas. One show a day, dream decorations, a magnificent Christmas tree in the Grand Salon and hundreds of candles.