Stroll along the Champs Elysees, the mythical avenue of Paris
A walk of about 2 km
A walk of about 2 km
On the Champs-Elysées, we do not miss:
1- The view from the Arc de Triomphe :
- View since the Arc de Triomphe is truly extraordinary
- Since its panoramic terraceYou can see the Eiffel Tower, the perspective of the Champs-Elysées, the Concorde, Montmartre, La Défense... in short, you can admire all of Paris!
- The Arc de Triomphe is open every night, until 22h30 or 23h depending on the season
- It is free for children under 18 (under 26 years old if EU citizen)
2- Shopping :
- We find all major brands on the Champs-Elysées
- Luxury boutiques and more affordable brands such as H&M or Zarra,...
- From Zara to Vuitton, via the Disney Store for the little ones, or Abbercombie or Apple for the teenagers, you will have a choice!
- The shops are all open on sunday
3- A gourmet break :
- A gourmet break at The duration and its famous macaroons and pastries
- It is a choice of a tea room, a restaurant or a pastry shop with take-away cakes
4- A cultural moment with its art and science museums:
The Grand Palais and the Petit Palais are located near the Champs-Elysées Clemenceau metro station. The Palais de la Découverte is located at the Champs-Elysées roundabout. The Orangerie, is further down at the entrance of the Tuileries at the level of the Place de la Concorde.
- The Petit-Palais We especially like the 1900 building and the café with its interior garden. The permanent collection is free for all
- The Grand PalaceCreated for the 1900 World's Fair, this magnificent building now hosts large temporary exhibitions
- The Palace of Discovery it's a science museum. It houses temporary and permanent exhibitions. Experiments are programmed very regularly. It is currently closed for renovation
- the Orangery Museum To admire Monet's Water Lilies, but also Renoir, Matisse, Sisley, Cézanne, Picasso, Modigliani, Derain, Soutine, Gauguin, van Dongen... We love this small museum which exhibits an extraordinary collection of impressionist paintings.
5- Walk up to the Place de la Concorde :
- The Place de la Concorde ends the Avenue des Champs-Elysées and leads to the Tuileries Gardens.
- This majestic square deserves to stop and admire its fountains and its famous obelisk...
6- The pedestrian Champs-Elysées :
- the Champs-Elysees are reserved for pedestrians and 2-wheelers. one Sunday a month
- It's every first Sunday of the month
- From 11am to 5pm or 6pm depending on the season
Top with children and teenagers at the Champs-Elysees ♥♥♥
1- A visit to the Palais de la Découverte :
- To understand all about science and see the exhibitions of the moment
- Please note that the Palais de la Découverte is currently closed for renovation.
2- Shopping with the kids:
Among shops that will appeal to children and teenagers, we recommend:
- for the little ones: Disney Store (at n°44)
- for teenagers: Abercrombie (at n°23), Zara (at n°44 and 92), H&M (at n°88)
- for sportsmen and women: Addidas (at No. 22)
- for the footeux : PSG Boutique (at n° 27 )
3- fun or thematic guided tours ideal for families:
- For all, children from 6 years old and teenagers : "The Wonderful Legend of the Tuileries". It is an unusual visit of the Tuileries garden with a comedian. Take advantage of our offer at -20%, ticket from €11.20
- For children from 6 to 14 years old : "Mythology in the Tuileries" : the cultural and playful visit in the Tuileries garden to get acquainted with the great mythological heroes who hide many secrets. Take advantage of our offer at -10%, 11.70 € ticket
- For ages 10 and up: "In the footsteps of Ramses II". The guided and educational tour on the traces of ancient Egypt. Take advantage of our offer at -10%ticket from 6,70€.
4- A Tuk-Tuk ride from the Place de la Concorde:
- It's fun, it's original! Up to 6 people on board the Tuk-tuk
- The tuktuk (pronounced touktouk) is the modern version of the bicycle rickshaw
- There is a choice of tours from 45 minutes to 3 hours. We recommend the 1h30 tour. Ideal to discover Paris with family or friends. It's great fun and the tour is guided by professionals!
- All info on Tuk-tuk tours here
Finally a little practical info: do not hesitate to take the bus 73 which goes up or down all the Champs-Elysées