At the Cité des Sciences et de l'industrie (Paris 19ème)
"Mission Spatiale", the new permanent exhibition
- WE LOVE Discovering the Universe today and tomorrow with children
- FOR WHOM : recommended From the age of 8
- WHERE at the Cité des Sciences et de l'Industrie (Paris 19e)
- HOURS Tuesday to Saturday from 10am to 6pm - Sunday from 10am to 7pm
- DATES Until December 31, 2025
- CLOSE Monday, December 25, January 1
Mission spatiale takes visitors on a journey into the world of space, today and tomorrow.
The new permanent exhibition at City of Science and Industry invites you to step into the shoes of an astronaut on a five-part tour: explore, travel, transit, stay and question
Welcome to the space world of today and tomorrow!
- EXPLORE : visitors are introduced to objects and machines that go where mankind cannot yet go... because safety and time in space have different meanings to those on earth. Probes and rovers collect images and sounds, analyze and observe
- TRAVEL An immersive show lets the whole family take part in a space expedition. The mission? Drill a hole on Europa, a moon of Jupiter. Guaranteed thrills on take-off and landing. Launchers, propulsion and trajectories will hold no secrets for you.
- TRANSIT Here you can meet Orion (replica), the spacecraft that was sent unmanned around the moon in 2022. Like the European Lunar Gateway habitation module, it is part of the Artemis program.
- STAY : Perhaps a future manned mission? On the moon, you'll have to recycle and use local resources, adapt to lunar constraints, live independently... and with the help of an exciting multimedia game, you'll experience a whole day on Mars!
- QUESTION Finally, this super-exhibition ends on the question of space and the universe... An audiovisual presentation gives the floor to leading researchers, who explain the motivations of our societies, and the historical appeal of sending humans into space...
WITH THE FAMILY, AROUND THE EXHIBITION
- Several events, participatory and even scripted conferences are organized to further explore the space universe:
- Ages 9 and up : a walk under the stars (balcony)
- For 16 years old and over space architecture (auditorium), future astronaut: like a bear in winter
- From age 10 : interstellar odyssey, immediate boarding (planetarium)
- You'll also find children's documentaries and a super activity book for 8-12 year-olds to accompany or prepare children for their visit
🛍️ Save when you buy 2 attractions
❤️ Children's city
- The Cité des Enfants is located in the Cité des Sciences.
- Two areas dedicated to science, where children can manipulate, experiment, discover and play...
- There is a course for 5/7 year-olds and one for 5/12 year-olds.
- To access these workshops, you must purchase separate tickets