Visit of the house of Victor Hugo
It is a moving visit to discover this apartment rented from 1832 to 1848 by the genius writer. The museum reopened its doors in May 2021 after more than a year of work. The visitor leaving will take the staircase used by Victor Hugo when his comings and goings were discreet. It is located on one of the most beautiful squares in Paris, the Place des Vosges (in the heart of the Marais). During this visit, the visitor will discover :
- the AntechamberA family room that represents the childhood and youth of Victor Hugo. You can see family portraits
- The red loungeIt is a meeting place for letters, arts and politics. Famous writers and politicians have passed through here
- The Chinese lounge
- The dining room and its gothic furniture
- The small lounge (which serves as an exhibition room)
- The workroom (bust of RodinBastien Lepage's painting, family paintings)
- The room in which Victor Hugo died. The furniture has been reconstituted identically
The Smartphone application "Chez Victor Hugo It will serve as a free audio guide and will accompany you throughout your visit. A "Special child" course has been designed on this application
The visit of the house of Victor Hugo is ideal for families with children from 10 years old.
Activities for young people and families
- The house of Victor Hugo proposes storytelling visits for children from the age of 6 with several themes such as "A Thousand and One Mischief", "The Art of Being a Grandfather" or "Notre-Dame de Paris".
- It also offers thematic tours for families which are divided into two parts: a quick visit of about 45 minutes in the museum followed by an outdoor visit on themes such as "In the footsteps of Gavroche" or "The lady cathedral".
- These activities are not included in the museum admission fee
Tickets received immediately on your smartphone
Free for under 18s
Tickets valid for temporary and permanent exhibitions