Exhibition at the Centre Pompidou ? Until August 23, 2021
- WE LOVE when women artists come out of the shadows ...
- AGE for all, from 8 years old
- DATES until August 23, 2021
- TOUR TIME : very large exhibition - allow at least 1 hour
- PLACE Centre Pompidou (Paris 4th)
"They make the abstraction", when the women artists leave the shade...
- A vast exhibition very ambitious
- It offers a history of the contributions of women artists to abstraction through 106 artists and more than 500 works dated from the 1860s to the 1980s
- The exhibition focuses on the careers of artists, often unjustly eclipsed by the history of art, by returning to their specific contribution to the history of abstraction
- The course is chronological. It mixes plastic arts, dance, photography, film and decorative arts
- Some of the following are presented big names Barbara Hepworth, Georgiana Houghton, Sonia Delaunay-Terk, Judy Chicago, Joan Mitchell... But also all the so many forgotten artists of the history of art
- Because to be a female artist in the 20th century (but also before?), is to face the condescension of male artists, critics, the art market and museums
- The exhibition, by nature non-exhaustive, is abundant. All styles are covered. Our advice, don't hesitate to skip rooms and choose to focus on your favorites
- Finally, if you wish to a private family visit of the permanent collections of the Centre Pompidou, do not hesitate to Contact us