WE love Jules Vernes's novel in theatrical and musical versions
Age : from 5 years old
DATES: until 7 November 2020
Location: la Folie Théâtre (Paris 11th)
Around the world in 80 days: prize for the best show for young audiences 2019
- This "Around the World in 80 Days", directed by the Mascarade company, plunges us into the world of Jules Verne and the crazy adventures of Phileas Fogg,
- This adaptation remains faithful to the writing of Jules Verne. until I picked up some of the dialogue from the novel.
- The use of several scenic processes : video projection, shadow theatre and leather masks make the show extremely lively.
- Video projection is at the heart of the staging. It allows the public to be immersed in the industrial era through the diffusion of reworked archive images.
- Masks allow actors to play multiple roles and reinforce the characters' characters.
- Finally the shadow theatre takes the spectator into a scenic abyss which supports the great actions of the story (elephant ride, Hindu procession...) and gives free rein to the imagination.
- The music is very present in each of the countries we have travelled through.
- The Pitch we are at London in 1872, Phileas Fogg, a phlegmatic and secret gentleman, announces one day to his gaming club that it is possible to go around the world in eighty days. Sir Thomas Flanagan, his rival, challenges him to accomplish this feat. Frogg then embarks on the adventure with his new French servant, Passepartout. From Paris to New York via Bombay and Hong Kong, by boat, train or elephant, it is a crazy journey, full of pitfalls and encounters that our two characters will experience.
- A nice way to introduce children to this great story.
- Once again, the Masquerade Company offers a colourful and high quality show
- A show of 1 hour