Around the world in 80 days
- WE LOVE : the novel by Jules Vernes in a theatrical and musical version
- AGE : from 5 years old
- LOCATION: la Folie Théâtre (Paris 11th)
Around the world in 80 days: prize for the best show for young audiences 2019
- This "Around the World in 80 days", staged by the Masquerade company, plunges us into the world of Jules Verne and the crazy adventures of Phileas Fogg,
- This adaptation remains faithful to the writing of Jules Verne. until I picked up some of the dialogue from the novel.
- The use of several scenic processes : video projection, shadow theatre and leather masks make the show extremely lively.
- Video projection is at the heart of the staging. It allows the public to be immersed in the industrial era through the diffusion of reworked archive images.
- Masks allow actors to play multiple roles and reinforce the characters' characters.
- Finally the shadow theatre takes the spectator into a scenic abyss which supports the great actions of the story (elephant ride, Hindu procession...) and gives free rein to the imagination.
- The music is very present in each of the countries we have travelled through.
- The Pitch We are in London in 1872. Phileas Fogg, a secret and phlegmatic gentleman, announces one day to his gambling club that it is possible to go around the world in 80 days. Sir Thomas Flanagan, his rival, challenges him to accomplish this feat. Frogg then embarked on the adventure with his new French servant, Passepartout. From Paris to New York via Bombay and Hong Kong, by boat, train or elephant, it is a crazy journey, full of pitfalls and encounters that our two characters will experience.
- A nice way to introduce children to this great story.
- Once again, the Masquerade Company offers a colourful and high quality show
- A show of 1 hour
Featured plays for youth:
The Hunchback of Notre-Dame, an original, funny and poetic version of Victor Hugo's...
WE LIKE: the third adventure of the unforgettable Sock Fairy AGE: from 2...
Jack and the Beanstalk WE LOVE: a revival of the show based on the famous tale...