A magical stroll through the gardens of the Château de Versailles ? Every weekend until October 31, 2021
- WE love : a bucolic and musical walk in a magical setting
- When: every weekend from May 22 to October 31, from 9 am to 7 pm
- Place in the park of the Palace of Versailles
- Travel time : count 1h30 in the morning and 2h in the afternoon to see all the groves and ponds not to be missed
- Free: for children under 6
- Rate : from 9,50?
The great musical waters of Versailles: a very nice family outing
- During the Great Musical Waters of Versailles, the grovess and basins of the Palace of Versailles are exceptionally staged for the public
- The groves (small enclosed spaces hidden in the heart of the park and usually closed to the public) deviennent alors accessibles à tous
- The basins are filled with water, all to the rhythm of baroque music.
- At the time of the Great Musical Waters, we walk among the 15 groves of the park, its 55 fountains and ponds and its hundreds of statues
- The groves of the park are decorated with fountains, vases and statues. They are accessed through discreet paths and bring surprise and fantasy to the interior of the Royal Garden. Louis XIV and his court used to go there to have a snack, listen to music or dance. The king could satisfy his taste for games and shows in these open-air salons reserved for festivities and entertainment. Children will love to get "lost" in it!
- The Great Musical Waters take place every weekend from April to October,
- The groves are open from 9am to 7pm, the music is played from 10am to 7pm and the water is put on from 11am to 12pm and then from 3:30pm to 5:20pm
- There are 2 different routes: one in the morning lasting approximately 1.5 hours and another in the afternoon (lasting approximately 2 hours)But nothing prevents you from staying the whole day and doing both routes! You can stay for a picnic or have lunch in one of the restaurants of the park and/or take a tour in a boat or by bike (rental possible)
Other suggestions to visit Versailles, its park, its castle
1- Other suggestions to visit the park of the castle:
- The Night Great Waters : 2h30 of walk in the evening in the illuminated park + big fireworks. Saturday evening in summer
- The Great Hours of the Gardens of Versailles : the visit with a comedian in the gardens of the castle, on the occasion of the Grandes Eaux Musicales. Sundays at 3pm from April to October
2- Visit the castle with your family:
- Family Guided Tours Thematic tours are offered by the castle during the school vacations and on weekends, to explore the collections and exhibitions in a fun and participative way. Attention: reservation in advance online or by phone. From 5 years old.
3- Visit the Arboretum of Versailles-Chevreloup
- The arboretum of Versailles Chevreloup It is a huge park of 200 hectares which shelters more than 2500 different varieties of trees. It is a unique space where you will love to walk around
4- A playful visit of the Versailles district around the castle
- The Enigma ? treasure hunt around the Palace of Versailles A game of enigma in the castle district to be done in complete freedom and autonomy (without a guide), whenever you want (with family, friends, students, for an EVG or EVJF?)
5- An Escape Game in Versailles or in the park of the castle
- 2 hours to save the king! A treasure hunt ? historical investigation in Versailles to find out who tried to poison King Louis XIV. Very nice ? Duration 2 hours
6- A guided tour of Versailles to learn all about the revolution
- Revolution tower. The cultural guided tour in the streets of Versailles which tells the story of the 5 months from May to October 1789 which changed the History of France ? Duration 2 hours