A magical stroll through the gardens of the Château de Versailles - Every weekend until October 29, 2023
- WE LIKE IT: a bucolic and musical walk in a fairy-tale setting
- DATES Every weekend from April 1 to October 29, 2023, from 9 am to 7 pm
- PLACE in the park of the Palace of Versailles
- TRAVEL TIME Count 1h30 in the morning and 2h in the afternoon to see all the groves and ponds not to be missed
- FREEfor children under 6 years old
- RATE: from 9,50€
The great musical waters of Versailles: a very nice family outing
- During the Great Musical Waters of Versailles, the grovess and basins of the Castle of Versailles are exceptionally staged for the public
- The groves (small enclosed spaces hidden in the heart of the park and usually closed to the public) then become accessible to all
- The basins are filled with water, all to the rhythm of baroque music.
- At the time of the Great Musical Waters, one walks among the 15 groves of the park, its 55 fountains and ponds and its hundreds of statues
- The groves in the park are decorated with fountains, vases and statues. They are accessed through discreet alleys and they bring surprise and fantasy to the interior of the Royal Garden. Louis XIV and his court used to go there to have a snack, listen to music or dance. The king could thus satisfy his taste for games and entertainment in these real open-air lounges reserved for partying and entertainment. The kids are gonna love getting "lost" in it!
- The Great Musical Waters take place every weekend from April to October and the 1st weekend of November
- The groves are open from 9am to 7pm, the musical setting is from 10am to 7pm and the watering from 11am to 12pm and then from 3.30pm to 5.20pm.
- There are 2 different routes: one in the morning (duration approximately 1h30) and another in the afternoon (duration approximately 2h)but nothing prevents you from staying all day and doing both courses! You can stay for a picnic or lunch in one of the park's restaurants and/or take a boat or bicycle tour (rental possible).
Other suggestions to visit Versailles, its park, its castle
1- IN THE PARK OF THE CASTLE OF VERSAILLES :
- The Night Great Waters : 2.5 hour walk in the evening in the illuminated park + big fireworks. Saturday evening in summer
- The Great Hours of the Gardens of Versailles : a guided tour with a comedian. in the gardens of the castle, on the occasion of the Grandes Eaux Musicales. Sundays at 3 pm from April to October
- 2 hours to save the king! A treasure hunt - historical investigation in the park of the Palace of Versailles to find out who tried to poison King Louis XIV. Very nice - Duration 2 h - from April to October
2- VISIT THE CASTLE WITH YOUR FAMILY:
- The Family Guided Tour : the ideal family visit from 7 years old. We visit: the noble floor of the castle, the royal chapel, the Great Apartments and the famous Hall of Mirrors. The tour guide takes the children through the day of a king,
3- A playful visit of the Versailles district around the castle
- 2 hours to save the king! A treasure hunt - historical investigation in the historical city of Versailles to find out who tried to poison King Louis XIV. Very nice - Duration 2 h - all year round
- La balade Enigme - treasure hunt around the Palace of Versailles : a puzzle game in the castle district to be done in complete freedom and autonomy (without a guide), whenever you want (with family, friends, students, for an EVG or EVJF...).
4- A guided tour of Versailles to learn all about the revolution
- Revolution Tower. The cultural guided tour in the streets of Versailles which tells the story of the 5 months from May to October 1789 which changed the History of France. - Duration 2 hours