A very simple and ultra-fast recipe
A dish that can be prepared in advance and is even better when reheated.
Serve it with tortilla chips and a little sour cream. It usually appeals to children and especially to hungry teenagers.
INGREDIENTS FOR CHILI CON CARNE:
For 4 to 5 people
- 500gr ground beef
- canned crushed tomatoes (same weight as the meat)
- canned kidney beans (same drained weight as the meat)
- 1 or 2 red onions (or yellow if you don't have red onions)
- optional: 1 bag of Mexican spice (chili powder)
- optional: corn (1 small box), fresh cream and grated Gruyere cheese
CHILI CON CARNE RECIPE:
- Fry the 2 peeled and sliced red onions in a little olive oil
- Add the beef and sauté until browned
- Add drained kidney beans, crushed tomatoes and chili powder (if you like it spicy)
- Mix everything together, add salt and pepper and simmer for about 20 minutes.
- Serve the chili con carne hot in bowls or soup plates
- You can add tortilla chips, a little fresh cream and grated Gruyere cheese
- You can add corn (drained and rinsed) at the time of cooking
- If you don't have any Mexican spices, you can spice it up with a little Espelette pepper, sweet paprika