Serve it with tortilla chips and a little crème fraîche. It usually appeals to children and especially to hungry teenagers.
Basic Ingredients : ground beef, kidney beans and tomatoes
With cooking : in a casserole (or pan)
Preparation and cooking time from 20 to 30mn
Ingredients (for about 4 to 5 people)
- 500gr ground beef
- canned crushed tomatoes (same weight as meat)
- canned kidney beans (same drained weight as meat)
- 1 or 2 red onions (or yellow if you don't have red onions)
- optional: 1 bag of Mexican spice (chili powder)
- optional: corn kernels (1 small box), fresh cream and grated gruyère cheese
- Fry the 2 peeled and sliced red onions in a little olive oil.
- Add the beef and sauté until coloured.
- Add the drained kidney beans, crushed tomatoes and chili powder (if you like spicy).
- Mix everything together, add salt and pepper and simmer for about 20 minutes.
- Serve the chili con carne hot in bowls or soup plates.
- You can garnish it with tortilla chips, a little crème fraîche and grated gruyère cheese.
You can add corn kernels (drained and rinsed) when cooking.
If you don't have any Mexican spices, you can spice it up with a little Espelette pepper, sweet paprika, etc.