Paris and its museums, it's hard to choose as the cultural offer is so rich! Indeed, there are more than 200 museums in Paris. There are several ways to visit museums in Paris: independently, with or without an audio-guide, in a group visit with a guide, by privatizing a guided tour. Schools, leisure centers, youth associations, rallies can also privatize visits to many museums in Paris.
Top 6 museums in Paris
Reserve your ticket for the vacations (including temporary exhibitions)
MUSEUMS ABOUT ART
- The Louvre (the largest) 🧡
- the Musée d'Orsay (one of our favorite museums) 🧡
- The Rodin Museum (and its beautiful garden) 🧡
- the Orangery Museum (we love the Water Lilies rooms) 🧡
- the Marmottan-Monet museum (a great museum to discover)
- the Picasso Museum (a museum on a human scale)
- the Jacquemart André Museum
MUSEUMS WITH A HISTORY THEME
- The Army Museum and the Dome of the Invalids
- the Museum of the Legion of Honour (free museum)
- The Jean-Sans-Peur Tower (small budget and child size)
- the pantheon (a place full of history)
- The Cluny Museum
- The Hotel de la Marine
MUSEUMS AROUND SCIENCE
- The Great Gallery of Evolution (top seller and big hit 🧡)
- City of Science and Industry With Children's City (a must) 🧡
- The Gallery of Geology and Mineralogy
- Science Experiments (immersive scientific and playful journey) 🧡
- the Children's Gallery (at the Museum of Natural History)
- the Curie Museum (free)
- the Museum of Arts and Crafts…
UNUSUAL OR UNCLASSIFIABLE MUSEUMS
- The Museum of Illusion (Halles district)
- The chocolate gourmet museum
- The Museum of Magic and Automata 🧡
- The Grévin Museumall beautiful, all new...
- The Catacombs of Paris (with teens)
- The music museum (at the cité de la musique)
And also, workshops at the Museum of Magic for kids and magic workshops for teens.
Temporary exhibitions in Paris
But we also have a soft spot for all the human-sized museums like the Picasso Museum, the Orangery or the Rodin Museum which are very pleasant to see with the family.
Without forgetting the science museums that will fascinate your children like the city of Science or the Great Gallery of Evolution which are in our top 5 Parisian museums to see with your family. For the little ones, the Museum in Grass is a little wonder. Interactive, the works are exposed at the height of children.
The City of Children at the Cité des Sciences is the science museum especially for children, from 2 years old.the museums of Paris are open at night some evenings of the week (there are often fewer people). Finally, good to know: some Parisian museums are free all year round and on the first Sunday of each month.