WE LOVE : especially the halls devoted to Napoleon and the historial Charles de Gaulle
RATE : 12 € the adult ticket
FREE for children under 18
NIGHTLIGHT: Tuesday until 9 pm, from April to September
IN JULY AND AUGUST: opening of the church of the Dome, tomb of Napoleon I
A HAPPY MUSEUM
- With particular rooms devoted to Napoleon and those with a holistic approach tomilitary history of the nineteenth and twentieth centuries.
- The rooms on Napoleon essentially present his battles. And of course, do not miss the tomb of Napoleon under the dome of the Invalides.
- The part of the museum dedicated to two world wars allows to see the "Big Bertha", a taxi from the Marne, testimony on the trenches, then the rise of Nazism, the call of General de Gaulle, the Battle of the Atlantic ...
- Finally, thehistorial Charles de Gaulle offers an exciting permanent interactive exhibition to visit headphones.
- Twice a year, the Army Museum offers temporary exhibitions. They are generally very educational.
YOUNG PUBLIC ACTIVITIES
The museum offers several activities for families:
- Survey Games (from 7 years old): they associate visit of the museum and puzzles or tests, transforming the children in detectives into grass. Duration: 1h30 to 2h
- Guided tales (from 7 years old): they are animated by a storyteller who makes discover the life of a character through the collections of the museum. Duration: 1h30
- workshops (from 6 years): they extend the discovery of the collections by a concrete realization (creation of a coat of arms, a fantastic animal ... Duration: 1h30 to 2h00
- Guided tours (from 7 years old): this is a discovery tour of a museum department. This visit remains active and appeal to the sense of observation of children. Duration: 1h30
- Each year in December, on the occasion of the Bastille Daythe Army Museum is offering a free festive weekend. It is a free historical, family show around the artillery in the large courtyard of the Invalides.
RESTORE ON THE ROOM
- The coffee shop The Carré des Invalides (download the map HERE): open from 9am to 6:30 pm, from April 1st to October 31st and from 9am to 5:30 pm, from November 1st to March 31st