Fairy-tale walk in the gardens of the Palace of Versailles - Every weekend from April to October
- WE love : a bucolic and musical walk in a fairy-tale setting
- When: every weekend from April to October, from 9 am to 7 pm
- Place in the park of the Palace of Versailles
- Travel time : Count 1h30 in the morning and 2h in the afternoon to see all the groves and pools not to be missed.
- Free: for children under 6
- Rate : from €9.50
The great musical waters of Versailles: a very nice family outing
- During the Great Musical Waters of Versailles, the grovess and basins of the Castle of Versailles are exceptionally staged for the public
- The groves (small enclosed spaces hidden in the heart of the park and usually closed to the public) then become accessible to all
- The basins are filled with water, all to the rhythm of baroque music.
- At the time of the Great Musical Waters, one walks among the 15 groves of the park, its 55 fountains and ponds and its hundreds of statues
- The groves in the park are decorated with fountains, vases and statues. They are accessed through discreet alleys and they bring surprise and fantasy to the interior of the Royal Garden. Louis XIV and his court used to go there to have a snack, listen to music or dance. The king could thus satisfy his taste for games and entertainment in these real open-air lounges reserved for partying and entertainment. The kids are gonna love getting "lost" in it!
- The Great Musical Waters take place every weekend from April to October,
- The groves are open from 9am to 7pm, the musical setting is from 10am to 7pm and the watering from 11am to 12pm and then from 3.30pm to 5.20pm.
- There are 2 different routes: one in the morning (duration approximately 1h30) and another in the afternoon (duration approximately 2h)but nothing prevents you from staying all day and doing both courses! You can stay for a picnic or lunch in one of the park's restaurants and/or take a boat or bicycle tour (rental possible).
Other suggestions to visit Versailles, its park, its castle
1- Other suggestions to visit the castle park :
- The Night Great Waters : 2h30 walk in the evening in the illuminated park + big fireworks. Saturday evening in summer
- The Great Hours of the Gardens of Versailles : the visit told in the company of an actor. in the gardens of the castle, on the occasion of the Grandes Eaux Musicales. Sundays at 3pm from April to October
2- Visit the castle with your family:
- Family Guided Tours Thematic tours are offered by the castle during school holidays and at weekends, to explore the collections and exhibitions in a fun and participative way. Warning: book in advance online or by phone. From 5 years old.
3- Visit the Arboretum of Versailles-Chevreloup
- The Versailles Arboretum Chevreloup It is a huge 200-hectare park with more than 2,500 different varieties of trees. It's a unique space where you will love to walk around
4- A playful visit of the Versailles district around the castle
- La balade Enigme - treasure hunt around the Palace of Versailles : a puzzle game in the castle district to be done in complete freedom and autonomy (without a guide), whenever you want (with family, friends, students, for an EVG or EVJF...).