- Big show -
WE LOVE : a very beautiful show in a sumptuous setting
Age : for all, family outing
WHEN: from April 6 to October 28, every weekend, during the day
LOCATION: park of the Palace of Versailles (78)
The royal stroll in music in the park of the Palace of Versailles
- The Great Musical Waters allow to enjoy, the time of a nice walk, the extraordinary beauty of the gardens of the Palace of Versailles.
- During the Grandes Eaux musicales, the fountains fail in music and exceptionally parts of the park usually closed are accessible to the public.
- The walk takes you through 15 groves that are small gardens in the heart of the park created by Le Nôtre. 55 fountains and basins and hundreds of statues are put on show on a background of Baroque music (from Lully to Charpentier or Rameau).
- During the Grandes Eaux Musicales, the Bassin de Neptune, the largest basin of the gardens of the Château de Versailles, is decorated every fifteen minutes with magnificent compositions of water jets.
- For more than 350 years the Grandes Eaux Musicales give life to the park of the Château de Versailles. These exceptional gardens and fountains are listed as UNESCO World Heritage.
- A nice idea for a family walk!
- Saturday nights from 8:30 pm, from mid-June to the end of September, the park of the Palace of Versailles lights up on the occasion of the " great nocturnal waters", Great sound and light show followed by fireworks on the Netpune basin. It's just beautiful!
An already popular entertainment of the time of Louis XIV
- The Great Musical Waters exist since the time of Louis XIV.
- It's a great show. The fountains multiply the effects with the sculptures that seem to come alive when the water gushes.
- Louis XIV particularly liked the groves that were outdoor lounges hidden in the heart of the wooded areas of the garden. We went there for snacks, listening to music or dancing. The King could thus satisfy his taste of the game and the spectacle in these places reserved for the festival and the entertainment. Ornaments of fountains, vases and statues, these groves which one reaches by discrete paths bring the surprise and the fantasy to the inside the Royal Garden.
The Big Musical Waters: the video
Original visit idea: storytelling with a comedian - magician
- Visit story at Versailles during the Grandes Eaux Musicales with a comedian.
- A fun and original visit of the gardens of the Palace of Versailles.
- An actor tells the great history of Versailles as well as the little anecdotes.
- Ideal from 6 years, but also for teens (and free for children under 8 years).