ATTRACTIONS AND ACTIVITIES AT MONCEAU PARK
- a playground (free) and a sandbox (in a secluded place) for the younger ones
- a carousel and swings traditional (paying) open every afternoon,
- pony rides Wednesdays, weekends, school holidays and certain public holidays
- a clown in the open air (except in case of rain), Wednesdays and weekends at 5pm. Truce from November to April, then resumed.
- skating and skating area (open at the same time as Parc Monceau)
- bicycles are allowed in Monceau Park, but only in a dedicated area (adults and children). It is forbidden to cross the park by bike
PICNIC AND SNACK AT PARC MONCEAU
- a kiosk for snacks and for the snack of children: ice cream, waffles, drinks ...
- large lawns for a picnic or simply ask
AND WITH MEDOR!
- Monceau Park is not only KidFriendly, but also Dogfriendly
- You can walk your dog (in theory on a leash), allowed on the Ferdousi alley and on the Comtesse de Ségur alley.
MY ANNIVERSARY AT PARC MONCEAU: a fun and cultural treasure hunt
(For ages 7-11)
- Themes of this treasure hunt playful and cultural: literature and music
- Treasure hunted by a theater actress
- duration : 2h
- For older children from 7 to 11 years
- Rate : € 260 (for up to 10 children)
TO EAT IN THE NEIGHBORHOOD OR TO TAKE AWAY (FOR PICNICKING)
- A very good Lebanese (on the spot or to take away) : Rimal (94 bd Malesherbes)
- A good hamburger (on the spot or to take away) : Big Fernand (12 avenue de Villiers)
- For their salads (on the spot or to take away): Day (3 rue de Phalsbourg)
- In the Monceau park (next to the riding school): pancakes, waffles, drinks
- Picnic permitted on all Monceau Park lawns.
TO DO IN THE DISTRICT
- The Nissim Museum of Camondofor a visit to a magnificent private mansion
- The Cernuschi Museum, if you're interested in Asian arts
- The Jacquemart André Museumvery nice museum of paintings in a beautiful mansion.
- The shopping around the Place des Ternes
- The street of Levis for its typically Parisian market
- The Champs-Elysées are about 15 minutes walk from Monceau Park.
A LITTLE HISTORY AND GEOGRAPHY
- It straddles the 8th arrondissement and the 17th arrondissement, with an area of 8.25 ha
- A first park was built at the end of the 18th century. A second park was created (on the same site) during the Second Empire in 1860 (Haussmann period).
- It is a very poetic and bucolic park, with the Rotunda, statues, colonnades and arcade.
- Monet immortalized him He also inspired Georges Braque, Georges d'Espagnat and Gustave Caillebotte. It is said that Marcel Proust liked to walk there.