Discover the home of a 15th century prince
The Jean Sans Peur tower is one of the best kept medieval secrets in Paris! Indeed, this ancient fortification tower built in Paris in the fifteenth century by Duke Jean I of Burgundy, now converted into a child-sized museum, will offer you a short and instructive dive into the universe of the Middle Ages in Paris through history, architecture and society in the time of John the Fearless.
WE LOVE : a very interesting little educational museum with children
Games Path: offered to children (from 4 to 12 years old)
DO NOT RATE: The ceremonial staircase and its plant vault, true masterpieces
RATE : € 6 for adults and € 3.50 for children aged 7 to 18
FREE for children under 7 years old
An ideal museum with children
- The "Family show tour", guided tours of the tower preceded by a shadow theater show (with Carole Visconti, storyteller, actress and historian). One Sunday a month. Reservation essential by email [email protected] or by phone 01 40 26 20 28
- the course-games for children under 7 and for 7-13 year olds offered at the reception and which allow a visit very playful of the Tower; there exists a English version;
- the little reading corner with its cushionson the ground floor, where children can wait for the nicest ones;
- the minimum price of the entrance ticket : 6 € for adults, 3 € for 7/18 years and free for the youngest.
- a short visit which allows very well understand life in the Middle Ages;
- staff availability at the reception for chat with children after the visit;
Other ideas for discovering medieval Paris:
- Our Lady, a must!
- The Sainte Chapelle. Do not miss the Sainte Chapelle on a sunny day.
- The Cluny Museum. The national museum of the Middle Ages in Paris. To see the lady at the unicorn
- The shows and entertainments: