- WE love : a small exposure at child's height
- Age : for all, from 6 years old
- Duration: until February 3, 2019
- Location: Maillol Museum (Paris 7th)
The Giacometti exhibition of the Maillol museum in Parispresents through a chronological and thematic chronological and thematic, 50 sculptures of the artistall from the collection of the Giacometti Foundation. The course proposes a rereading of the works of Giacometti in dialogue with the great sculptors and moderns of his time.
The Giacometti exhibition: an exhibition at child's height
The exhibition Giacometti "between tradition and avant garde" present fifty sculptures of Giacometti, from his beginnings to the famous "walking man" of the 60. The exhibition is very accessible to young audiences. Clear, sober, didactic without being boring. The presentation is chronological and thematic. It begins with the works of youth, less known works works of pre-war Giacometti. We discover a Giacometti who seeks his inspiration sometimes on the side of the surrealists sometimes on the side of the surrealists, sometimes towards the primitive arts. The exhibition ends beautifully with the great sculptures that made the artist famous. One will admire in particular the series of the "Walking Man" series.
The Giacometti exhibition: a dialogue between the artist and his sculptor contemporaries
The Giacometti exhibition puts the artist's works in perspective with those of the great names of classical and modern sculpture of his time. of classical and modern sculpture of his time. Thus the exhibition presents 25 works of major artists artists alongside sculptures by Giacometti. The exhibition seeks to highlight the relationship between Giacometti and his masters (Bourdelle, Maillol, Rodin) and the avant-garde sculptors and contemporaries of Giacometti such as Brancusi, Zadkine, or Laurens...
Visits-workshops for children of the exhibition Giacometti
- Every Saturday from October 6 to January 19
- at 11 o'clock
- Duration 1h15
- For children 6 to 12 years old
- Children discover the famous sculptures made by Alberto Giacometti as well as the work of his such as Zadkine, Richier or Maillol. At the end of the visit, they can create their own small sculpture sculpture made of wire and aluminum foil, reminiscent of the long silhouettes created by Giacometti.
- Introduce yourself 15 minutes before the start of the animation
- Price: 13 €