At the Pompidou Center - Until December 6, 2021
WE LOVE A complete tour to discover an icon of 20th century American painting, unknown in France
AGE From 7/8 years old
DATES until December 6, 2021
TOUR TIME : count at least 1 hour
PLACE at the Centre Pompidou (Paris 4th)
The first retrospective in France of Georgia O'Keeffe (1887 ? 1986)
- Georgia O'Keeffe (1887 ? 1986), is one of the greatest figures of North American art of the 20th century. In the United States, she is a legend and was the first woman to be exhibited at the MoMA in New York
- The Georgia O'Keeffe exhibition at Centre Pompidou offers a complete course thanks to a hundred paintings, drawings and photographs
- The exhibition route is free, with no obligation to follow a thematic or chronological route. Only the first room is chronological with the evocation of the artist's beginnings in New York around 1914
- Then let yourself be guided by the colors and themes. You will see the first "cosmic" vertigo inspired by the vastness of the Texas plains in 1910, the metropolises and rural landscapes of New York State in the 1920s and 1930s, and the power of nature in New Mexico, where she settled permanently after the Second World War
- Georgia O'Keeffe's work is very close to nature. Children will appreciate her use of color and will particularly appreciate her paintings of flowers which made her famous and the plant inspiration which is a recurring motif of the artist.
The Georgia O'Keeffe exhibition and the Centre Pompidou with children
The exhibition Georgia O'Keeffe:
- With children, the ideal is to see the exhibition as part of the Tribu visit organized by the Centre Pompidou
- This is a guided family tour for children from 7 years old
- Tribe visits take place every Sunday from 4 to 5:30 pm
The Pompidou Center Museum of Modern Art:
- The visit "l'art moderne expliqué aux enfants" : the guided tour for children of the permanent collections of the Centre Pompidou
- It is a visit led by guides specialized in young people
- It presents the main avant-garde movements fauvism, cubism, surrealism, geometric abstraction, lyricism, dada? The great names of the 20th century such as Matisse, Picasso, Kandinsky, Braque, Mondrian, Pollock, Duchamp
- A visit adapted to all children, whatever their age
Ideas around the Centre Pompidou...
- The guided electric scooter ride or the guided hoverboard ride
- The museum of magic
- The Musée en Herbe
- The visit and show "the Magic of the Marsh".
- The escape game "the secrets of the Marais
- The guided tour "when Street Art tells the story of the Marais"
- The Victor Hugo's house
- Tasting a cake place des Vosges at Carette or discover the pastries "the White Dunes"
- Eating Israeli tapas at Tavline