Saturday 10 and Sunday 11 June 2023
At the Musée de l'Armée - Hôtel national des Invalides
- Age : for children from 3 to 12 years old
- Where : Museum of the Army -Invalides
- WE love to be at the heart of the collections to follow the storytelling and dramatized tours
- When Saturday 10 and Sunday 11 June 2023
- schedule from 11:00 am to 4:30 pm
- Prices free access to all the activities of the weekend, with reservation, (limited places).
- To know: children must be accompanied by an adult during the activities
The Army Museum - Invalides organizes two days for the youngest around the theme of the chivalry during the Renaissance.
Through the Museum's unparalleled wealth of collections, children from 3 to 6 years old and from 7 to 12 years oldaccompanied, will be able to step into the shoes of a Renaissance knight, discover his world, the chivalric language, while learning about history in a different way through anecdotes! The parents will have to behave, the kids - knights and knightesses - will know how to wield the sword and challenge their competitors!
A variety of fun and original experiences where, for each age group, an activity will appeal to children and young teenagers: their sense of observation will be solicited as much as their imagination: puzzles, Coat of arms and shield creation workshops and guided tours. An immersion in the heart of the collections of this fabulous museum, ideal for families, where, while hunting for fantastic creatures, you never stop learning!
The program of the family weekend: in the time of the knights!
Saturday, June 10, 2023
- At 11 a.m., for 3-6 year olds Visit "Vizir in the time of knights", go back in time with Vizir, Napoleon's horse who takes us to see dragons and griffins (30mn)
- At 11 a.m., for ages 7 and up Guided tour "Les Invalides in 30 minutes and with the family", discover the collections and the history of the Hôtel des Invalides (30 minutes)
- At 10:30 a.m. and 3 p.m., for ages 7 to 12 visit "Journey of an artist in the museum of the Army", look for inspiration like Marie d'Orléans among the decorations of the collection of armors (45mn)
- At 2:30 p.m., for 7-12 year olds Visit of the castle : guided tour "The history of the knight of Montmorency", relive the history of this knight at the side of François Ier during the battle of Marignan in 1515 (45mn)
- At 2:00 pm and 3:30 pm for ages 5 and up Visit to the theatre "Le défi de la chevaleresse", follow the passionate adventures of two imaginary characters of the Renaissance: Barbe, a young girl and her uncle Jacques Naute de la Fraise (45mn)
- AT 2:30 and 4:30 pm, from Ages 7-12: workshop "Your knight's coat of arms", draw your own coat of arms from the symbols used during the Renaissance (45mn)
Sunday, June 11, 2023
- At 11 a.m., for 3 to 6 year olds visit-workshop "En garde chevalier crée ton bouclier !", you will have to make your own magic shield following a quest of the fantastic animals of the museum (30mn)
- At 11 a.m., for ages 7 and up Les Invalides in 30 minutes and with the family", discover the collections and the history of the Hôtel des Invalides (30mn)
- 10:30 a.m. to 3 p.m., 7 to 12 years old visit "Journey of an artist in the museum of the Army", look for inspiration like Marie d'Orléans among the decorations of the collection of weapons (45mn)
- At 2:30 p.m., ages 7 to 12 Guided tour "In the skin of a knight", discover what makes the daily life of a knight ... tournaments, jousts and combat ... try on helmets, gloves and chain mail (45mn)
- At 2 and 3:30 p.m., for ages 5 and up: dramatized visit " The challenge of the knightess ", follow the passionate adventures of two imaginary characters of the Renaissance: Barbe, a young girl and her uncle Jacques Naute de la Fraise (45mn)
- At 2:30 p.m. and 4:30 p.m., for ages 7 to 12 Workshop: "Your knight's coat of arms! "Draw your own coat of arms from the symbols used during the Renaissance (45mn)
The Army Museum - Invalides: a rich and fascinating museum
- With notably the rooms dedicated to Napoleon Ist and those that present a global approach to the military history of the 19th and 20th centuries.
- The rooms on Napoleon mainly present his battles. And of course, you should not miss the tomb of Napoleon Ist in the dome of the Invalides.
- The part of the museum dedicated to the two world wars allows to see the "Big Bertha", a cab of the Marne, testimonies on the trenches, then the rise of the Nazism, the call of the general de Gaulle, the battle of the Atlantic...
- Finally, the historial Charles de Gaulle offers a fascinating permanent interactive exhibition to visit with headphones on.
- Twice a year, the Musée de l'Armée offers temporary exhibitions. They are generally very educational.